VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i understand this might be the wrong forum, but if you can help, please do. I read up that the Audi TT has a 6 speed manual transmission. I understand that the Audi 1.8t is higher tuned then the VW 1.8t, but why doesn't VW have a jetta,gti, or anything for that matter with a 6 speed. Could it be possible to affix 1? I was driving my friends S4 and noticed the 6th gear is brilliant. Can anyone help?
[email protected]
Dave

· Registered
3,004 Posts
Re: Question about Audi 1.8t vs VW 1.8t (kahanzy)

We do have a 6 speed. All 24v VR6 in the GTI and the Jetta GLI comes in 6 speed. Also the 6 speed is installed on the 20th ae GTIs.
But there are a few differences between the 225hp 1.8T found in the TT and the 180hp 1.8T found in the VW Jettas and GTIs. From pistons, to intercooler setup, to a different turbo! Do a search on the tex and u may be able to find ALL the differences.

· Registered
4,455 Posts

no the 2004 GLI's, 337's, 20thAE's, and New Beetle Turbo S's
have the six speeds
oh and the 24v vr6's
i can't wait till i get everything i need for my car it will be the best sleeper EVER a NB with 300+ at the wheels http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
160 Posts
Re: Question about Audi 1.8t vs VW 1.8t (spoolin turbo s)

Quote, originally posted by spoolin turbo s »
no the 2004 GLI's, 337's, 20thAE's, and New Beetle Turbo S's
have the six speeds
oh and the 24v vr6's
i can't wait till i get everything i need for my car it will be the best sleeper EVER a NB with 300+ at the wheels http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

My friend in NorVA has a reflex yellow beetle at about 220 WHP right now, and he's going to slap a gt35R on it in a couple months. He was the first Beetle in the US to get a front mount. He had to take a hugh chunk from his bumper to fit it though.

· Banned
13,372 Posts

Just go to Audi's website and email them about it, I did. The replier said that theres a dual intercooler set up, something about the intake manifold, computer, and different exhaust. Don't remember anything bout a different turbo tho.

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Question about Audi 1.8t vs VW 1.8t (kilmer420)

i was just up that way, however the turnpike is crap right now, its like a 90mph moto-x with trucks and 2 jersey walls.....I did it over xmas, was fun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.