VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new leather INTERIOR for my 93 B3 for a song (200$ CDN). I know my current cloth rear seats fold forward on hinges under the seat near your feet. Now, the new leather rear seats I bought have handles with what I guess is a reclining mechanism or something... Are these from an older B3 that didn't have ABS or something? I know the ABS computer is below the rear seat on the driver side. Does anyone know if I'm gonna have a hard time fitting these new rear seats in?
I know Pierre (PG1SYNCRO) bought a similar set from the same seller..you have any ideas??
Thanks in advance,

· Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Question about B3 leather seats... (erad)

Quote, originally posted by erad »
I know Pierre (PG1SYNCRO) bought a similar set from the same seller..you have any ideas??

Hey Erad,
You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever....there were 2 types of rear seats: the ones that flip over (to reveal what's under), and the ones that slide forward; both fit in B3s and B4s. It's up to you to decide which type of seat you want in your car; you can simply take the leather skins off and install them on your folding rear frames, or install the sliding ones.
Both my 92 syncros have the sliding type...I do have the fold-over seat frames that I may eventually install in my blue car.
Let me know if you need any help (though I'll be away all of next week)

pg1syncro

· Registered
612 Posts

my b3 is all leather inside. the back of the seats fold foward on a hinge and the bottom part actually reclines. its kinda cool, you tell people in the back that their seats recline and they're totally stoked on it. that lever will just adjust the reclining position of the seat.
i hope thats what you were referring to.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Question about B3 leather seats... (Triple_Helix)

Quote, originally posted by Triple_Helix »
my b3 is all leather inside. the back of the seats fold foward on a hinge and the bottom part actually reclines. its kinda cool, you tell people in the back that their seats recline and they're totally stoked on it. that lever will just adjust the reclining position of the seat.

I'll have to check when I put em in. When it's not so damn cold out. The ones I have FLIP forward onto their nose. The backrest and seat cushion are two seperate parts I think, whereas yours (and my new ones) are one piece. But they really recline like a lazy boy chair in the back??? That's wicked..

· Registered
1,461 Posts

Quote, originally posted by erad »

I'll have to check when I put em in. When it's not so damn cold out. The ones I have FLIP forward onto their nose. The backrest and seat cushion are two seperate parts I think, whereas yours (and my new ones) are one piece. But they really recline like a lazy boy chair in the back??? That's wicked..

yeah....just like a lazy boy chair.what a great suprise huh?. your passengers will love it!!! with the reclining rear seats and the armrest it makes the passat rear seat so comfortable. sometimes i wish i could sit back there, but, since i don't let people drive my car, looks like i'll never fall asleep back there

· Registered
612 Posts
Re: Question about B3 leather seats... (Rippen Raymen)

Quote, originally posted by Rippen Raymen »

yeah....just like a lazy boy chair.what a great suprise huh?. your passengers will love it!!! with the reclining rear seats and the armrest it makes the passat rear seat so comfortable. sometimes i wish i could sit back there, but, since i don't let people drive my car, looks like i'll never fall asleep back there

yea its totally not fair that they give the back seat passangers an armrest but forget about the driver!!

but the armrest out of this here b4 will do just fine

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Re: Question about B3 leather seats... (Triple_Helix)

Quote, originally posted by Triple_Helix »

yea its totally not fair that they give the back seat passangers an armrest but forget about the driver!!

but the armrest out of this here b4 will do just fine

i took care of that problem a long time ago. with a husco armrest...i think it's way better then the b4 one. and i don't know how any b3er can live with out it
. it's my most used mod. !!!!!
here's my write up about it: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1150574

· Registered
3,463 Posts

I used to have reclining ones. While people are perplexed by the novelty of them, as a driver I never would sit and them, nor do the recline that much. So...my new leather interior had flip forward and fold flat seats. MUCH BETTER. Now I can sleep two comfortably in the Passat on road trips or just well...make be a good place for um...hanging out with the g/f. Plus, I can carry more cargo, which has paid off a few times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.