VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm doing a full euro conversion on my MKIII Jetta, and I've seen a ton of pics of the front fenders with the square side markers in, but all I've seen to buy lately has been the bumpers with the Oval side marker holes.. does anyone know where I can get the Euro fenders with the square hole for the square side markers? I'd much rather not have to put the oval ones on the jetta. (if i owned a golf it'd be a different story. I'm thinking jetta=squarish, keep the boxiness of it all
)
thanks

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Question about Euro Fenders (kreuzer)

Quote, originally posted by kreuzer »
you can buy them at the dealer.

Hm. I'm sure I'll end up paying an arm and a leg for them. We'll see. Perhaps the oval is the way to go, this way its not as expensive.

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: Question about Euro Fenders (__enos__)

While you're at it, you could do a Cabrio Antenna, or you could do a motorized one

· Registered
112 Posts
Re: Question about Euro Fenders (__enos__)

ok i'm not sure if my years are totally acurate but, the earlier jetta's i believe before '95 had the sqaure fender turns. post that, were the oval ones similar to those sported on beetles and passats. (-->this is obviously dealing w/ the euro model years). potters i believe does sell them.
second, i have heard that the fenders for cabrios are slightly different than jettas, its something to do w/ the roof support or something

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Question about Euro Fenders (unintrusive)

Quote, originally posted by unintrusive »
ok i'm not sure if my years are totally acurate but, the earlier jetta's i believe before '95 had the sqaure fender turns. post that, were the oval ones similar to those sported on beetles and passats. (-->this is obviously dealing w/ the euro model years). potters i believe does sell them.
second, i have heard that the fenders for cabrios are slightly different than jettas, its something to do w/ the roof support or something

Where can i find this potters?
btw, i was hearing the same thing about the cabrios, which is why i didn't want to do that.

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: Question about Euro Fenders (labuser)

Quote, originally posted by labuser »
cabby fenders do not have the last lower rocker portion on them.. you will need to cut that off the old fenders and weld that onto the cabby ones

What kind of fender are you talking about?? The 99.5 Fender must be modified to fit our cars, but that's only if you want the MK4esque look.
The 96.5+ ones will do just fine from a Cabrio w/o fitment issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.