VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while searching Pick-a-Part for parts for my rat-style dub, I found a 1986 GTi with Neuspeed springs. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The springs are black and bear the number 0611F on the fronts and 11251R on the rears.
None of these numbers match any current Neuspeed parts, and I came up with nothing running them through Google.

Anyone know which springs these are and which A2s they'll fit?
I suspect they are SoftLine springs, as these are the only black springs Neuspeed produces. My only concern is whether they'll fit my 1990 Golf GL. I really don't want to go to the trouble of pulling them off a junker and disassembling my suspension only to discover they won't fit!

Judging from what else is on the car - a tired set of Tokico blues, two curb-rashed Corrado alloys with Bridgestone tires - the previous owner was at least somewhat serious about his Dubbing...

Modified by CeeElle at 5:26 PM 5-17-2004

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Re: question about Neuspeed springs... HELP (CeeElle)

the springs are most likely SofSports (not softlines). They drop the car about 1", and handle very good. they will fit your 1990 no problem. if they really are sofsports, they will be a purple-ish color, not black..

·
Registered
623 Posts
Re: question about Neuspeed springs... HELP (vwdr1ver)

My Neuspeed sports are black. I'll check the numbers tomorrow, the springs are at work. Just put on Ground Controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts