VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a cabrio and she needs a new clutch. My mechanic is suggesting a clutch kit, saying its is better than the stock clutch. Is this true? What are the differences if any? Im a little synical and thinking its cheaper and he just wants to make more on the part...???

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Re: question about new clutch (marcanth)

Just get a stock clutch "kit", he prolly just said kit meaning to replace everything (pressure plate, flywheel, throw our bearing, clutch) instead of just the clutch...and i would go with that..stock of course

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: question about new clutch (KidCorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just get a stock clutch "kit", he prolly just said kit meaning to replace everything (pressure plate, flywheel, throw our bearing, clutch) instead of just the clutch...and i would go with that..stock of course
[HR][/HR]​
Now that I think of it he's said it would be more expenive to buy everything piece by piece versus the kit..??? They have a stock kit??

·
Registered
2,586 Posts

I have a clutchnet clutch for a VR. With a Sachs pressure plate designed by Schimmel Performance. Has about 500 miles on it. Just broken in and ready to beat on. So better than new. Good for 350 horse, doesn't change the pedal pressure, easy to drive, but 35% more clamping than stock. Going with a twin disc now, so kinda wasted my money. $300.

[Modified by burgundyvr6, 2:42 AM 3-21-2003]

·
Registered
5,263 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Just get a stock clutch "kit", he prolly just said kit meaning to replace everything (pressure plate, flywheel, throw our bearing, clutch) instead of just the clutch...and i would go with that..stock of course

Now that I think of it he's said it would be more expenive to buy everything piece by piece versus the kit..??? They have a stock kit??[HR][/HR]​
Yea they make a stock clutch kit, uses all stock Sach parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts