VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my car has massive amounts of oxidation on the roof and some of the hood.... its a sequoia GLX and its the main thing keeping my car from looking its best (BESIDES the ride height, thank you... but if you'd like to sell me a better suspension i'm all ears
)
ill post a pic right after i wash

i've heard of 'clay bar'-ring it, but i dont know what this means or does (don't call me a noob), any enlightenment is welcomed

· Registered
1,623 Posts
Re: question about oxidation (i searched) really could use some help (Crew)

clay bar is this like "dough" that you rub on your car with this lubricant...Basically it removes any impurities that sits on your car's paint that conventional paint can not remove....Takes a long while to do...But its very well worth it...I have a mothers clay bar kit sitting next to me that i wanna use the next time i can...

· Registered
4,719 Posts
Re: question about oxidation (i searched) really could use some help (Crew)

Quote »
my car has massive amounts of oxidation on the roof.... its a sequoia GTI and its the main thing keeping my car from looking its best, BESIDES the ride height, thank you... but if you'd like to sell me a better suspension i'm all ears

That's how I would've posted the question

· Banned
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: question about oxidation (jrbscooch56)

about how much $$ does it run ? and how long does it take to do it well slash do i need anything else to do it ? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,499 Posts
Re: question about oxidation (Crew)

check the detailing forum for the best answers.
Clay baring isnt really gonna remove the oxidation. Your gonna want to use a true polish. If anything try Meguiars ColorX it will get out the oxidation and leave a polymer protectant on it. But most polishes really only work their best when used w/ a polisher like the PorterCable 7424

· Registered
1,304 Posts
You can find mothers clay bar kit at autozone and most other auto stores. Around 15 bucks I think.
My dad is pretty oldschool, but he told me to claybar, use rubbing compound, and then a wax and polish layer. It worked great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.