VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortunately herniated the left-front tire on my R32 while hitting an infamous pot-hole on Highway 24 in the San Francisco Bay Area, necessitating a new Eagle-F1.
I have 20,000 miles on my "R" and was thinking about rotating my rears to my front. and putting the new Eagle-F1 tire on the back.
Question:
Do I need to purchase 2 new Eagle-F1's in order to make sure that the tread depth is equal and won't throw off the computer that assists the 4-wheel drive feature on the car, or can I just get away with purchasing 1 new Eagle-F1 and putting it in the rear, where my tread depths are about 3 mm more than what is currently on the front.
TIA!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Question About Replacing Eagle-F1 Tire After 20,000 Miles (Autofahren125)

Wow, no one has a clue about this question?

·
Registered
18,551 Posts

Not satisfied with the answer I gave you via PM? And I quote "No it won't mess with Haldex".
ian

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a decently priced excellent condition Eagle F1 (with less than 3K miles) for $100 and I'm local to you. Check you IM box, Eric B.

·
Registered
686 Posts

you got F1's to last 20k miles wow, mine have always been worn out by then

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Question About Replacing Eagle-F1 Tire After 20,000 Miles (Daemon42)

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »
Not satisfied with the answer I gave you via PM? And I quote "No it won't mess with Haldex".
ian

Thanks Ian!
Eric, you are an hour away from me but I'm gonna give you a call on that "deal".
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts