VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in Kamei badgeless grill. Since it's "badgeless", there's a filler that goes on the hood to fill the gap created by not having a badge. Question is:
* does it look bad? Can that be fixed by a professional installation? There are other grills with badges I also like. Can it be seen from a distance or do people have to come close and pay attention?
* Does it rattle?
I am thinking a (preferably badgless Kamei) grill with a zender trunk spoiler and Bora 20 redV turbo badges. Oh and LongBeech rims (for now) and tints. Lowering will come later (much later perhaps). Whaddaya think? Is there any small (but nice looking) exterior mod left that make my Jetta (Bora actually) stand out and look different from 100,000,000,000,000,000 others out there (other than getting red cuz I dont like the Jetta red. Unless there are pictures that'll convince me otherwise)?

[Modified by zhamid, 12:31 PM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Re: Question about that hood filler thingie with badgeless grills. (zhamid)

eh...it doesn't look great...it'd be best to get a notchless hood if you're in the market for a badgeless grille.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question about that hood filler thingie with badgeless grills. (schtebie)

quote:[HR][/HR]eh...it doesn't look great...it'd be best to get a notchless hood if you're in the market for a badgeless grille.[HR][/HR]​
Huh! Thnx man, that's what i wanted to know
I guess it's a badged grill then (ok well I wont be able to confuse *normal people* about my car ["Bora? What car is that? It looks like Jetta but only better"] but that's ok)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Question about that hood filler thingie with badgeless grills. (zhamid)

I'd stick w/ a badged grill.
This isn't directly related to this topic, but I may as well bring it up here. I really don't get why people like to debadge their cars. Personally, when I'm driving down the street, I want people to know I'm driving a VW because I'm proud as hell to own one. I also want them to know that I have a 1.8T Jetta, and not a run o' the mill GL.
What can I say, I'm a showoff.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Question about that hood filler thingie with badgeless grills. (Richie_Gecko)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'd stick w/ a badged grill.
This isn't directly related to this topic, but I may as well bring it up here. I really don't get why people like to debadge their cars. Personally, when I'm driving down the street, I want people to know I'm driving a VW because I'm proud as hell to own one. I also want them to know that I have a 1.8T Jetta, and not a run o' the mill GL.
What can I say, I'm a showoff.[HR][/HR]​
That's true but you see, there are two kinds of people:
1) Those who don't have a clue what GL and GLS are and which one is better.
and
2) Those who do and know about engines and stuff (know that 1.8T is BETTER than 2.0). These are the people who get impressed and you dont really have to have badges to tell these people what you have (20V Turbo is the same thing ya know)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Question about that hood filler thingie with badgeless grills. (Richie_Gecko)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'd stick w/ a badged grill.
What can I say, I'm a showoff.[HR][/HR]​
And I am gonna leave my rear VW badge on. I think that looks nice. I just want the front to look different (and I dont like body kits much). The rear I can change with the use of a spoiler and different badging (VW will still be there). And hence a grill change. But grills with logo don't look that different. Hence me wanting a badgeless grill)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts