VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone bought this and have it working on your car?
how hard is it to install?
how well does it work?
how does it work through the factory stereo?
thanks,
Taylor

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: Question about the OEM Ipod adaptor from ECS Tuning (taydam)

I have the OEM iPod adapter, upgraded from the blitzsafe about a month ago. I installed it at the same time as my parrot bluetooth kit, which made it a complete pain in the ass. However, installing it by itsself is very easy.
It works very well, in my opinion, the only thing I don't like is that every time you turn the radio off, it resets itsself to 'Play' instead of 'mix' (shuffle). Other than that, I love it.
It works through the stereo just like selecting discs from a trunk cd changer. You have to set up up to 5 playlists, which are selectable form the CD buttons. Button 6 plays all the tracks on the iPod. (I am assuming you have the double-din Monsoon radio, like me)
You'll love it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question about the OEM Ipod adaptor from ECS Tuning (VWFast96)

awesome, thanks a lot ..... thats all i wanted to hear haha
i will order it today

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

SWEEEEET just got it today and installed it without any problems and i LOVE it ... soo worth the money i think

·
Banned
6,519 Posts

I'm just posting this for anyone that might be doing a search.
The dice unit has better functionality for about the same price.
It dosen't lock out your iPod controls and it lets you get to all your playlists from the radio not just the first 5.
Link To:Dice i-VW-R

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Question about the OEM Ipod adaptor from ECS Tuning ([email protected])

I've been debating the Enfig Dice setup or the OEM VW setup...
As for the post above... I read the how-to manual on the Dice setup... while you can have more playlists than just 5... I'm not sure if it's better functionality in regards to selecting them. I kinda like the idea that the VW setup has easy quick playlist buttons... the DICE version makes you hit 2 or 3 buttons to select them...
Unless I'm missing something...
Although I do appreciate that the iPod controls don't get locked by the DICE device.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Re: Question about the OEM Ipod adaptor from ECS Tuning (Mads)

Its really easy to select the playlists. With the dice you can also select an album or artist from the iPod and use the steering wheel and radio controls to go through the artist or album.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts