VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am was doing my research on the vr6 conversions and I couldnt find the answer to this question. I am going to do a five-lug conversion and wanted to know how the rear end works out? I am I supposed to leave the rear end a four lug or just do a rotor conversion or do I actually find a rear end out of a a3 golf or a VR6 Corrado? Also, how does the suspension work out? Do I get a suspension for the car I got the motor out of? And would that apply for the rear end also?
Thanks guys
Bilal

[Modified by Slammed, 2:27 PM 3-20-2003]

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: Question about the rear end of a VR6 A2, & suspension (Slammed)

its really up to you. you need a beam with a proportioning valve in the back. The A3 beam is wider in the back. Most people, including myself..have a regular 4cyl rear disk beam, with the 5 lug rotors/caliper upgrade on it. its totally up to you. VR6 axles and beams are wider...so you will rub. If you want the wider stance, then go 5 lug but you will have to roll your fenders.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Question about the rear end of a VR6 A2, & suspension (VRpoweredA2)

Thanks man, what about the suspension

·
Registered
704 Posts

what part of the suspention? If you are talking about the spring and strut assembly, then yes, they will bolt up to the A2s. You will need the entire package tho. Meaning all the bump stops, bushings and bearings and strut mounts for front and rear.
If you are planning of a VR conversion, the VR suspention is a must. Also, you will need the VR front subframe to support the heavier engine. And its recommended to get the entire VR steering rack, rod ends, PS pump etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I used a corrado rear trailing arm and H&R coilovers for the corrado, if that helps. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: Question about the rear end of a VR6 A2, & suspension (px3)

for the rear just get the whole beam from a mk3 or corrado. the proportioning valve should be attached and the struts bolt right up. if you do a vr get yourself some quality suspensionmade for a vr, i mean adjustable coilovers. do it once not twice.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Question about the rear end of a VR6 A2, & suspension (norman)

I did the five lug swap with out swaping the beam. I am in the process of putting SLC front A arms on to wide my fron track. On a front driver, you want the front track wider than the rear, to help minize the amount of uncersteer and bring it as close to nuetral as possable.
If you just want to swap it to 5 lug, all you need is the parts from the spindles out. if you car is already 4 wheel disks, you won't need a new proportiong valve, if not you can get one from Anirondak for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Question about the rear end of a VR6 A2, & suspension (Jackasic)

thanks guys, this helps alot
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts