VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay...wrd's ran the 1/4 in 13.633 @ 102.86....dynoed at 223.50 hp/ 207.78 torque
Momentum Motor parts ran the 1/4 in 13.276 dynoed at 341.55 and 339.62 lb of torque?
Theres 120 hp difference??? Why are the numbers so close??? One of an all motor (wrd) and mmp is turbo charged??? Whats the deal?

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (97jazzgti)

Quote, originally posted by 97jazzgti »
OKay...wrd's ran the 1/4 in 13.633 @ 102.86....dynoed at 223.50 hp/ 207.78 torque
Momentum Motor parts ran the 1/4 in 13.276 dynoed at 341.55 and 339.62 lb of torque?
Theres 120 hp difference??? Why are the numbers so close??? One of an all motor (wrd) and mmp is turbo charged??? Whats the deal?

Weight reduction.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (L33TX43RT)

Those times seem kinda slow for the power thats being put down, especially the 13.2 with 340hp?

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (Sn0wMaN)

Momentum's car seems to always be in a desperate quest for traction...
MMP's or Bruan's however you look at it, "goldmember" ran an 11.5 in vancouver last august, they ran in to some troubles that night though, something about an axle if I remember correctly!
cheers,
Bryan

· Registered
5,364 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (GTi_94)

This subject always fascinates me. I have been into drag racing for a long, long time. My wife races, I race, my daughter runs junior dragsters etc.
I have NEVER in my life seen so many excuses as to why cars do not run what their full potential is until I started learning about import cars especially VW's.
There always seems to be a reason why the car is not faster, or a reason why a car that makes so much power is not putting down the times it should be.
The car makes 4-500hp on the dyno and goes to the track and runs 13's...excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse. Car makes 300+hp on the dyno and runs 13's...excuse, excuse, excuse. Car makes 210whp goes to the track and runs 11's....hmmmmm.
The excuses and such are actually quite comical now, and getting more extravagant as time marches forward.

· Registered
855 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (Looking4ajetta)

Quote, originally posted by Looking4ajetta »
This subject always fascinates me. I have been into drag racing for a long, long time. My wife races, I race, my daughter runs junior dragsters etc.
I have NEVER in my life seen so many excuses as to why cars do not run what their full potential is until I started learning about import cars especially VW's.
There always seems to be a reason why the car is not faster, or a reason why a car that makes so much power is not putting down the times it should be.
The car makes 4-500hp on the dyno and goes to the track and runs 13's...excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse. Car makes 300+hp on the dyno and runs 13's...excuse, excuse, excuse. Car makes 210whp goes to the track and runs 11's....hmmmmm.
The excuses and such are actually quite comical now, and getting more extravagant as time marches forward.

the truth hurts.......well put.

· Registered
6,639 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (Looking4ajetta)

Quote, originally posted by Looking4ajetta »

If you've been into drag racing as long as you claim, then you should know the reasons why cars don't live up to their "potential" at the strip:
1. Driver skills ( lack of )
2. Traction ( lack of )
3. Tuning
4. Chassis setup
5. Sandbagging ( some people who have seriously fast cars use this and other headgames to keep the competition guessing, though I don't know if import racing has reached this level just yet)
There's some cars out there making some really big numbers on the rollers, but at least a few the cars are really just dyno queens (is this the 21st century equvilent of the sixties chrome-plated showcar?), making more HP / Torque than the chassis could ever put down.
History lesson: twenty years ago I had a really scary big-block Nova. The best I could get out of the car was low thirteens. A friend of a friend made a few runs with it, and was cutting low twelves with no changes to the car.

· Registered
961 Posts
Re: Question about these two vr's from eurotunner?? (GtiVR6racer)

Quote, originally posted by GtiVR6racer »
race shop joe has 205 whp all na,stock bottom end, and hes pulling 12s......

i wonder if either of those cars have a 4.24 r & p....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.