VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a question if the "RP" engine type is carburated? and if it is, is this a good thing in terms of tuning? i also want to know if anybody knows the CFM (cubic feet/ minute) rating of the stock carb... cause im thinkin of gettin a higher cfm rated carb and get new plugs and wires...u think this will imporve performance a little??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: question about this engine type? (Estonian)

carb will not be as efficient and have slower response but much much easier to work with and lots of flexability in air/fuel ratio. the plug wires wont make very much difference at all unless the ones you have now are TERRIBLE expect response to increase but thats about it

·
Banned
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: question about this engine type? (vokalwagen87)

well what could i do to get some upped power....cant really find much bout this engine type of mine

btw its a 1.8L 8v making about 90HP stock..and if it is carbed it would be a CIS fuel system (mono-jetronic) i think

[Modified by G0LFII, 7:04 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: question about this engine type? (G0LFII)

yes, i have never heard of that type.
i am assuming you would be able to find a camshaft and some kind of ehaust manifold to get more power, a bigger carb would eat gas but you would gain power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.