VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2014 Passat there are two little storage areas in the trunk directly behind the wheel wells. The spaces would be great for stashing little things if there was a way to close it off. There is a very small plastic divider on the left hand side that closes off the area a little bit, but I'd really like for it to be taller. I'd like to have one on the right side as well. Does anyone know of a product that would accomplish this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know one of the models has the battery in the trunk and has a cover to hide it in that area. I think you can order that for your car and have a hidden cubby there. I think you'll have to replace the side wall rug thingy, or hell duct tape could be the way to go.

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
I know one of the models has the battery in the trunk and has a cover to hide it in that area. I think you can order that for your car and have a hidden cubby there.
Correct, the V6 has the battery on the driver's side rear of the trunk and that whole carpet trim piece is different with a cubby & flimsy access panel for the battery.
Part number: 561867427J1BS
MSRP of $101.65

$76.24 from Keffer:
http://keffervwparts.com/parts/2013...=561867427J1BS&vehicleid=391282&siteid=216177

But it would just be metal/the body behind the carpet....nothing else/fancy.

On the TDI, it has the ADblue filler on the passenger side rear & a tiny little tray

V6 trunk:

TDI trunk:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have China-sourced, nylon fabric "saddle bags", one on each side. They're custom fit and look great.
Another member here sourced them for me, but from what I understand, they were a PIA to get ordered/paid for. I've sent him a private message, asking him for a link to where he purchased them (probably almost 3 years ago!).
I'll post after I've heard from him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.