VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed i had open sky buzz. when i went to the dealer they told me "we can't replicate the problem because our technicians aren't allowed to take your car up to 80mph, therefore we can't fix it."
with TSBs if they are issued can you have your car brought in and the item fixed even if you don't think it's a problem? or even if it is a problem in my case? do they really have to prove that the item has failed in order to replace the TSB part? thanks!

· Registered
11,145 Posts
Re: question about TSBs ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
yes the part would have to be proven defective before they have the ability to change it, only a recall can you still replace parts that are not proven to have failed yet

x2
They will not perform a TSB simply because you read about it and asked them to. Must be an actual complaint that can be verified. TSB is not a recall in that the work must be completed regardless, it is more of a recommended solution for common problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.