VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the pre 99.5s, I was wondering what size wheel is really the best (Ive heard several different opinions), and what the top size is.
I am looking at a set of 17'" wheels, the offset is 40, and it says "4X100/114.3" pertaining to the lug pattern. Theyre universal wheels, nothing flashy or special, but I like the look and color. Would these be okay when it comes to ride quality, height, rubbing, etc? If I were to get these, would I need to first replace suspension components, or would I be alright if I rode on them with stock springs/shocks?
I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
Re: Question about wheels for a cab... (evilyLilB)

you do not have to change suspention but looks wise it does not hurt, just make sure you plus size with the correct tires 17's are nice but it is all personal style and look you are going for

· Registered
69 Posts
Re: Question about wheels for a cab... (evilyLilB)

I don't think there is any difference in the suspension parts from early 1999 Cabrios to late 1999 Cabrios. My late 1999 Cabrio has a stock suspension and I'm running 17x7.5 wheels that have a 40 mm offset. The tires are 205/40 17. I don't have any rub problems at all. In the back the clearance between the wheel and the support arm is close - about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.