VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to be the noob, but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
Dumb question, yes, but my car is currently getting vinyl wrapped and I need to know ASAP.

I have a guy dropping off a lower rear textured bumper from a gti for my rabbit.

My question:
Do I need to also change the rear bumper foam pad to a GTI's if I'm just changing the lower portion of the bumper?

My car in question, from red to matte white:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hope it won't have to, I already have exhaust tips which defiantly extends further
You won't. I've had my GTI rear valence for a couple of years now. Get the top half of it color matched :thumbup: it's worth the extra money for the look. Only difference is the stock Rabbit wheel wells won't extend all the way down on the valence, which isn't a big deal IMO

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
You won't. I've had my GTI rear valence for a couple of years now. Get the top half of it color matched :thumbup: it's worth the extra money for the look. Only difference is the stock Rabbit wheel wells won't extend all the way down on the valence, which isn't a big deal IMO
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yep all you need is the GTI lower bumper cover. i also had the top half of mine painted and left the small middle section stock with the black texture. huge upgrade for cheap in comparison to the generic rabbit bumper cover.

EDIT: no you don't have to do anything to the exhaust, looks the same with the GTI bumper as it does with the Rabbit's bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.