VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question:
Is the $500 from 'returning VW buyer' program credited to the dealer or taken off the price of the car?
I'm working out a deal on a VW and don't know if I should I present my offer as, say, $20,500 with the $500 customer appreciation, or as just $21,000.
My thinking is if VW is crediting the dealers $500, it doesn't affect their profit margin on the car. If I offer $20,500 they might not take it as the price seems lower than what they are actually getting ($21,000 once they get the 'credit' if that's how VW handles this).
Little help anyone?

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Re: Question on "$500 Returning VW Buyer" program (silverspeedbuggy)

If you mean Driver Appreciation, it's essentially used as money down on financing/leasing through VCI (Volkswagen Credit) only. If you're using an outside bank or paying cash, you are not elligable for it.
It doesn't make a difference to the dealers profit margin, and you have to pay tax on the car, before the 'discount' is applied, so IMHO, tell the sales person you're going to use as i don't like when people keep springing things on me, but don't let them use it as bargaining. I.e. $20,000 vehicle for $19.500 including Driver App. - they didn't discount anything in reality. $19,000 including Driver App. would be more appropriate.
HTH,
Jamie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.