VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a top strut bearing that lowers the front end 15mm? my friend with a mk3 said that he heard of something like and thinks they also make it for the mk4's. any insight would be cool. thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
Re: Question on a strut bearing (Horty-DJD)

just remove the aluminum spacer, that'll lower you a bit. I don't know if there is any effect with the bearing, since it's only about 10mm thick. Bonrath makes lowering caps, I think that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Re: Question on a strut bearing (Horty-DJD)

Horty Bonrath makes a strut top hat that lowers the car 10mm. CFI should have them. Oh and you don't want to remove the aluminum spacer. I prevents the strut bearing from wearing through the spring hat. once it wears through the spring hat the spring hat just sits on the top of the strut tower. Come to PAR

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: Question on a strut bearing (memnuts)

Horty strut bearings are all oem and the same size besides the VSMS ones. You can remove the spacer Or get bonrath lowering caps.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Question on a strut bearing (samc)

I'm aware of the Bonrath lowering caps that bring you down 10mm, but Chris Zeh said he heard of something called a top strut bearing that lowers the front end 15mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts