VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, a lot of posts have been opn here as to what guages to get and how they can be mounted on the a pillar... i'm thinking more along the lines of a low keys approach. the only place i can find you keep the guages out of sight in a 2002 is the ashtray. are there any other spots that are low key? also, i got to thinking and even though a/f meters look great the computer is taking care of that stuff (making sure the engine has the correct mixture). so if a person could only use one guage out of the a/f, boost, and egt the boost would be the most important correct? if both of these assumptions are correct has anyone mounted a boost guage in the ashtray?
my thoughts are it can be covered up and the interior will remain looking stock and the most important guage will be taken care of.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Re: question on gauge mounting (mjmi11er)

i dont' have my mkIV yet so i don't really know the true answer to this, but one idea for shift lights was to hide it in the vent. maybe other guages could be installed here too...course there would be a visability issue.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Re: question on gauge mounting (JediCorrado)

The coolest setup I have seen was posted either in this forum or the Golf/Jetta 4 forum just a while ago. It was a single gauge install right on top of the steering column. I belive it was smoothed with fiberglass and it looked completely stock. In that Greddy prototype car. there are gauges mounted on the opposite sides of the instrument cluster. From the pics i can't tell how smooth it looked... Good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Re: question on gauge mounting (BlownVDub)

ive seen a boost gauge put into the spot where our headlight switch is.... it was on a boost gauge post a long time ago...... and he redirected the headlight switch to another part of the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.