VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***wrong forum mods please close** Question on HPFP's

******Please forgive my ignorance as I am just starting to learn. *****

I have read countless post and threads that say the HPFP is prone to failure on my car. My question is how do you know if you need one? What signs should I be looking for?

I have ordered a PCV revamp from BSH and will be ordering a Cam Follower here soon, but I am wondering if I need to start thinking of the HPFP as well. If so what ones are recomended?

I am no mechanic, but with direction and asking the right questions I usually do pretty well, so Im not afraid to atempt this on my own. From what Ive read its not too difficult.

Im sure this has been ansewred and may even be considered common knowledge so again please forgive me.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
You have an 06 fsi according to your profile? If so wrong forum. However the hpfp failure is usually due to the cam follower failing so by you changing it your on the right track.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
******Please forgive my ignorance as I am just starting to learn. *****

I have read countless post and threads that say the HPFP is prone to failure on my car. My question is how do you know if you need one? What signs should I be looking for?

I have ordered a PCV revamp from BSH and will be ordering a Cam Follower here soon, but I am wondering if I need to start thinking of the HPFP as well. If so what ones are recomended?

I am no mechanic, but with direction and asking the right questions I usually do pretty well, so Im not afraid to atempt this on my own. From what Ive read its not too difficult.

Im sure this has been ansewred and may even be considered common knowledge so again please forgive me.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt, if you're planning to get more power then it would be best to upgrade. If not then changing/checking the camfollower will be your best bet.

Here's some info on the upgrade: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5404818-A-new-HPFP-Kit!

this is the tsi forum so most of the info here most likely will not be related to your motor. I did notice that you posted in the fsi forum too. i'll probably be chiming in there :thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah sorry guys I noticed it after I posted. I tried to change the title to say wrong forum and asked the mods to remove......

My fault

·
Registered
1 Posts
hpfp failure

the cam follower wears out because it is furthest from the oil pump, outside of the head. change your oil every 5k and check your oil every other fill up as per the owners manual. you wont have a problem:banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts