VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had try to remove the rear deck because a bug died in the third brake light....I had follow the procedure that I search in the formus...
1) unscrew the machine screw under those 3 plastic cover
2) unplug the brake light
then I stop at here, still can't take out the deck.....can anyone tell is there any trick that I don't know, picture support will be great!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: Question on remove rear deck 2002 Jetta (optionfans)

Man, I knew I should've taken pics when I did that a couple of weeks ago. I removed the three screws under the little cargo hooks, unplugged the brake light, and just pulled forward. (towards the front of the car). The deck lid has little plastic clips under it that clip on to the metal underneath. Don't pull up or you will break them...just pull forward.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question on remove rear deck 2002 Jetta (recklessvw)

I know is pull forward, after I unscrew those 3 screw and unplug the brake light, I tried to pull...but something still stud the deck...still dunno what is going on

·
Registered
674 Posts
I know I'm really pulling this one from the dead... :eek:

Buttt... bump.

I've unscrewed the 3 screws, unplugged the brake light, and its not going anywhere. Am I not pulling hard enough?... or am I missing something. Mine is a 2003 if thats any different from a 2002.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.