VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a stinger on his vw and was asking me today if they made a drop in silencer? he keeps getting pulled over driving around town for the noise.
anyone seen them for sale? or maybe someones got directions for a home made silence?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: question on stinger exhaust (royragtop)

i used to cut mine half way so I'd have a nice sound, it wouldn't be totally restricted.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: question on stinger exhaust (retroron)

so is the baffle the thing on the right? how is it installed? i know nothing about stingers.. but am curious

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Re: question on stinger exhaust (blakiexcharles)

Yes its on the right ..They fly out in traffic if not done right .lol...Its just fits inside it ...Then you either tack weld it ,Skrew it .pop rivet ...hammer ..some way you get it in there ..There is different ones cause there is lots of stingers the right size makes it easy.But always needs some TLC ...

·
Registered
514 Posts
oh ok, thanks! well for now im going to have a stinger =] I'll wait for my first ticket before i start stressing, and eventually I'll have a different exhaust. but since im basically building my car from the ground up and i just graduated highschool, i dont have alot of money to spare, and since my dad had a bug, he might help me out with the ticket if it comes

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: question on stinger exhaust (blakiexcharles)

Quote, originally posted by blakiexcharles »
so is the baffle the thing on the right? how is it installed? i know nothing about stingers.. but am curious

Back when I used one, in the late 80's, I would drill a small hole on the underside just after the end of the baffle and screw in a sheet metal screw that would hold the baffle in place. Not through it, just behind it to block it in place.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: question on stinger exhaust (chrome)

Quote, originally posted by chrome »
Yes its on the right ..They fly out in traffic if not done right .lol...Its just fits inside it ...Then you either tack weld it ,Skrew it .pop rivet ...hammer ..some way you get it in there ..There is different ones cause there is lots of stingers the right size makes it easy.But always needs some TLC ...

Mine is screwed in. But one day it got loose and I knew instantly when it fell out, luckily I was about 100 feet from my house on a road with no traffic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.