VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a stroker build on my audi sometime. im going from 1.8t to 2t with forged rods and pistons aswell as an upgraded turbo. But im not sure how much hp i can safely push without the engine blowing up. im hoping around 400, but im not sure. so, does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Built 1.8Ts have pushed as much as 1000hp in the past. It’s a stout engine and forged rods and pistons will easily allow you to make 400-600HP with proper fuelling/turbo/supporting mods. Beyond this, you’ll need to look at strengthening the block and main caps, as well as significant head work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Built 1.8Ts have pushed as much as 1000hp in the past. It’s a stout engine and forged rods and pistons will easily allow you to make 400-600HP with proper fuelling/turbo/supporting mods. Beyond this, you’ll need to look at strengthening the block and main caps, as well as significant head work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you. ill look into that, and 400 is right where i want it, because i still want the car to be drivable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.