VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 conv beetle. I had HHGregg install a 12disc changer, and now the horn does not beep when I lock the doors with the remote. It does still work on its own, and still works in the 'PANIC' mode. I figure it probably has some type of valet setting or something. HELP

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Re: Question - When locking doors, the horn doesn't beep (LeticiasBug)

Make sure that your hood or trunk is properly closed. I note that mine doesn't beep when my hood or trunk is not close. It's a way for your car to tell you that the security is incomplete.
This may not be your problem but just check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question - When locking doors, the horn doesn't beep (Lorem)

Hmmm. I know that they are closed, but, I wonder if the installer might have done something to the trunk circuit since that is where he installed the changer. I will check on that. Any other idea's?

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Re: Question - When locking doors, the horn doesn't beep (LeticiasBug)

if its the trunk thats open the light will come on in the cluster, but if the sensor is unplugged it will not illuminate and will still beep when armed... think there may be another cause her

·
Registered
818 Posts
Re: (rmhftcaswell)

I had a Jetta that when they reset the computer they changed something so when I locked my doors it wouldn't beep. So if you have confirmed all the doors, trunks and hood are shut then go to the dealership.
Mine was an easy 2 minute fix.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Re: (wurstchen)

the beep can be re-enabled with a VAG-Com or by a dealer with a factory scan tool, if all other components are in working order.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Re: (gt2437)

lift your hatch, pull off the plastic cover on the inside of the hatch. its all snaps, but start at the bottom and go up. i cant remember exactly but its in there somewhere with the latch mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (gt2437)

Is it possible to unhook the battery cable for a specified amount of time to have the computer reset itself? I know on some of the older cars that was possible.

Modified by LeticiasBug at 2:39 AM 6-10-2004

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: (LeticiasBug)

I know with a lot of these newer cars they have back up 'keep all' memory to keep all the computer settings if the car sits with a dead battery for a long time. At least I know thats how it was with my Protege5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Push on your head unit to make sure it is grounded properlt. That same thing happened to me when I had my head unit replaced. When I called the dealer he said that the unit has to be grounded. Sure enough I pushed on it and the horn now beeps again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts