VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing an oil cooler on my 2.0sc and want to get some suggestions first. I have been looking at a few kits (eurosportacc.com seems to be the least expensive), and also at making my own setup by sourcing the individual parts. Is it worth the extra ~$65 to get a thermostatic sandwich plate (10 AN fittings), or is a standard one (w/ push on fittings) okay? My car does warm up rather quickly, and I do not really drive it in the winter, since I have a beater. I am looking at buying a used 16 row setrab oil cooler for a good price, and would need to source the hoses and fitting. Basically I am just looking for some experienced advice on which sandwich plate I should use. Is the thermostaic plate that much better, or will I be okay with the standard one? Also, know of any place to get the parts for a good deal? Thanks for any input, G

[Modified by blubayou, 7:13 PM 8-11-2002]

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: questions about oil cooler on 2.0L (Bob Roberts)

You are talking about the water to oil cooler, correct? I am talking about switching to an air/oil cooler to mount in front of the radiator for better cooling...

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: questions about oil cooler on 2.0L (VeeeDoubleU)

quote:[HR][/HR]umm i think this guy has a mk2. [HR][/HR]​
92 jetta w/ 96 (OBDII) 2.0L swap, neuspeed SC, blah blah blah...

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: questions about oil cooler on 2.0L (GLXangel)

Thanks, it was a PITA to make. Some else had a golf, which is actually where I got the idea. You have to use the right spaces, dashes, underlines, etc. I had to make it on the sig page and then save it , see how it looked, then go back and make a change, save, then check it again, etc for quite a while. The result looks good, though. If I could only make some BBS wheels on it (like on my car), it would be perfect. The square characters match the square lines of the A2 pretty well. Welcome to the 'TEX, BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts