VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed a set of hub carriers on a 16V ****rocket at the Pick-N-Pull today, so nabbed them up. The long axle (passenger side) was bent slightly, but the carrier was good. I grabbed the short axle though.
So, my first question is this: Am I wrong in thinking that a mk2 long axle (with 100mm CVs) is the same as the long axle in a Scirocco 16V?
Second question is: As there were no brakes or caliper carriers on these hub cariers, what brakes will work on there? Do i have to get the 16V brakes, or will anything bolt on there? Not to concerned with 10.1", its a diesel after all.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Re: Questions about scirocco 16V hub "upgrade"... (turbofreak999)

Quote, originally posted by turbofreak999 »
So I noticed a set of hub carriers on a 16V ****rocket at the Pick-N-Pull today, so nabbed them up. The long axle (passenger side) was bent slightly, but the carrier was good. I grabbed the short axle though.
So, my first question is this: Am I wrong in thinking that a mk2 long axle (with 100mm CVs) is the same as the long axle in a Scirocco 16V?
Second question is: As there were no brakes or caliper carriers on these hub cariers, what brakes will work on there? Do i have to get the 16V brakes, or will anything bolt on there? Not to concerned with 10.1", its a diesel after all.
Thanks in advance.

1. The passenger side drive shaft (on a LHD car) from a mk2 is approx 20mm longer than the mk1. Driver side drive shaft is the same.
2. Any mk1 brake carrier / caliper will fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts