VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how crappy is the 6sp in the cc. I have heard it cant handle a tune on the car, is this true. Anyone have experience with stage2 tunes on them. And also I have notice when I release the clutch in first or reverse I get a squeal. Anyone familiar with that problem as well?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
how crappy is the 6sp in the cc. I have heard it cant handle a tune on the car, is this true. Anyone have experience with stage2 tunes on them. And also I have notice when I release the clutch in first or reverse I get a squeal. Anyone familiar with that problem as well?

I cant comment on tunes since i am not tuned but i can answer your noise problem.
This is know problem which affects many 2.0tsi 6 speed manuals up to 2011. There is a full thread somewhere here that talks about this problem. If you have warranty take it to your dealer

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Some people with stage-1 tunes (me included) experience some slipping of the stock clutch with full throttle, around 3000 RPM, when in 5th or 6th gear, when the outside temperature is below about 50F. Some of the stock clutches can't handle the peak torque of a tune. I say some, because VW uses two OEM clutch suppliers, LUK or Sachs, and I bet one of these has a slightly lower torque capability.

I have had my Stage-1 Tune for about 50,000 miles, and the transmission gearbox and differential seem to be fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you have the squeal, then good luck even getting another year out of it. On my CC, the squeal started this past winter, and now our clutch is completely gone at just 48K miles. VW is aware that they put bad clutches in through 2011 MY, and I tried working with VW Customer Care but they have no interest in repairing the faulty clutch. From looking through the various threads, seems like 45-50K is when the stock clutches go out.

By comparison, my '00 B5 clutch (with chipped 1.8t, with stock 5spd) lasted over 10 years and 110k miles with zero issues. My 2010 CC is bone stock, and driven as a daily driver (highway) by a middle-aged family guy. This clutch was not abused in any way, but rather was defective and dangerous. Good luck to all of us with stock clutches!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.