VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed out of Dulles today to go to the A6 launch and am taking time for lunch with a good friend Barry Hoch who is the product manager for A4/S4/A5/S5/RS 5/Q5/Q7 at Audi of America. Barry was kind enough to say he'd field some questions so if you have any let me know. Lunch is in about 2.5 hours from now so make sure to post.

·
Registered
23,422 Posts
George,

That was a bit short notice - but for next time, I would like to know what the chances are for a (presumably 3.0) TDi Q5 - not that it looks like the hybrid version will come to the US.

Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
x10,000

I've been waiting for this news for some time. I love my TSI A3 and would love to pair it with TDI Q5. i cant imagine a better size and engine setup than that. A3's are a ton of fun, but a bit small for long huals. Q7's are a bit large for city driving and parking, but the only other TDI offered. Audi did a great job with the Q5 and I'm trying to hold out for a NA TDI that is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
x10,000

I've been waiting for this news for some time. I love my TSI A3 and would love to pair it with TDI Q5. i cant imagine a better size and engine setup than that. A3's are a ton of fun, but a bit small for long huals. Q7's are a bit large for city driving and parking, but the only other TDI offered. Audi did a great job with the Q5 and I'm trying to hold out for a NA TDI that is a perfect fit.
Working on a summary but FYI Johan de Nysschen confirmed Q5 TDI in his annual press conference this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.