VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed out of Dulles today to go to the A6 launch and am taking time for lunch with a good friend Barry Hoch who is the product manager for A4/S4/A5/S5/RS 5/Q5/Q7 at Audi of America. Barry was kind enough to say he'd field some questions so if you have any let me know. Lunch is in about 2.5 hours from now so make sure to post.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe you could ask him about why they make the packages the way they do in USA? One must buy the Prestige package with the funky key & push button to get the other options, like memory seats, dimming side mirrors, rear Electric Sunshade & ADS. I did not want the key, but wanted the other features.

Also, why do all the S4s come with a sunroof? Seems pretty useless, adds weight & degrades the looks of the car (expecially Ibis).

Why are the silver mirror covers on the Titanium package, makes no sense?

The list of Audi exclusive colors is very difficult to find (such as Sepang, Suzuka, Sepang, Jet Blue) and is mostly a secret that it is even possible to much of the newer Audi community. They could make some improvements with better visibility on these options.

Also, it would be really nice, if Audi supported OEM aftermarket upgrades at the Audi dealer for things like Memory seats, ADS, Nav, side dimming mirrors. people are already doing this stuff. It would be nice to have an Audi approved method to get these upgrades done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why are/were they not more transparent about the issues with the known bad water pumps? I do not buy the "we can't make them fast enough" when they are building new Audis in record numbers, obviously using up the excess that would have been able to help those who had or still have the bad ones.

Bad business decision IMO. It's very short-sighted to focus on your new cars only at the cost of existing customer base.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts