VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ppl,
im new to the forum and kinda new to VW cars.....i used to own a 93 Mazda MX6 but just sold it so i could get a 4 dr...probably a passat.....
anyway, i've been reading some of the posts here and there are alot of references to B3, B4 etc.....i guess they are engine names but could someone clarify for me what does each stand for and what year do they come in?
im eyeing on a 96 Passat GLX VR6 manual, would this be a B4? just a guess..
thanx

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: questions from newbie (munkmaster)

don't forget that the b4s also came in the TDI (diesel) & 4 cylinders
US Models
B3- 1990-1994 GL, GLS, GLX gl & gls are the 4 cyl. glx is the VR6. wagons (GL/GLX) or sedans
B4- 1995-1997 GLS, TDI, GLX sedans or wagons- TDI(96-97)/GLX
how much are they asking for the 96?
btw, welcome to the forums
. while we (passat-all other models) forum may not be a fast paced crowd/forum, there are a lot of people here who are more than willing to help out a fellow passater.
any question you have, don't be afraid to ask!
bill

[Modified by jebglx, 9:27 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Re: questions from newbie (jebglx)

quote:[HR][/HR]
btw, welcome to the forums
. while we (passat-all other models) forum may not be a fast paced crowd/forum, there are a lot of people here who are more than willing to help out a fellow passater.
any question you have, don't be afraid to ask!
bill[HR][/HR]​
Sllllllllooooooooowwww donah....pahnar.....
we take things a-mighty slow 'round dese here pahts...

hehehe just look at how slow i am to update my site for passat...hehehe well that would be due to me getting a job...and actually having to work again...hehehehe

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: questions from newbie (Eleben)

only $4550
???
make sure you get this thing checked out in an independant garage & also, spend the $15 at carfax.com to check out the VIN. it may save you plenty of worries in the future.
that has to be the lowest price i've ever seen for a B4 1996 GLX...
bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.