VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been doing some searching and all i get is For Sale ads, so im wondering what is a good stock replacement for fuel injectors? Mine are starting to get lazy.
Another question is whats the best stage pf clutch to run with just the bolt on horse? (cam, chip, exhaust, etc...) stage 2?
And last quesion is im running a 256 degree cam with the TT chip and im wanting to know if i can run a bigger cam without having to change out my chip and not have to run a higher octane fuel. i usually run 89....sometimes 91. what is the bigger cam i can run in my 2.0? i heard the 256 has really no gains at all.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Re: Questions that need answers! (canadianGTI98)

if you have a 2.0 then yes the 256 probably does nothing although it is a great cam for a turbo. If you have a chip already then you should be running 91 all the time since thats what it is programmed for, it only averages out to about $2.00 more per tank which is nothing. I have heard the 270 cam is perfect for the 2.0 and really wakes the little thing up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh really? never thought about that when im sitting at the gas station filling up. But again like 2 weeks ago is when i found out my car was chipped and had the 256 cam haha. alright ill start running 91 from now on.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

Unless your running uprated software and a FI setup, then i would just spend your money getting your stock injector tested and cleaned.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts

Quote, originally posted by canadianGTI98 »
so im wondering what is a good stock replacement for fuel injectors? Mine are starting to get lazy.

I would see if they are just gummed up and can be cleaned yourself before you throw down cash for new ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea I believe you only need bigger fuel injectors if your running turbo but try cleaning them yourself, a good product to look into is something called seafoam look for it at any auto shop it works wonders

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Re: (Hali-MkIII)

Quote, originally posted by Hali-MkIII »
yea I believe you only need bigger fuel injectors if your running turbo but try cleaning them yourself, a good product to look into is something called seafoam look for it at any auto shop it works wonders

Yeah seafoam is ok, but the only way to really get them to "LIKE NEW" state is to have them spray pattern and flow rate tested, and then Ultrasonic cleaning.
Google
"Witchhunter Performance" They are one of the best around for this type of service, and i believe its only 20$ per injector.

Modified by ugli.glx at 8:49 AM 8-17-2009

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave my car a Seafoam treatment 1000kms ago....seafoam is nothing new to me. I love the stuff, i try to use it 3 times a year. How would i clean each injector? And also is there how can i test my injectors?
I would like to run a bigger cam because i dont plan to turbo anytime soon.
I recently pulled my upper air intake manifold and throttle body gave it a good cleaning with a couple cans of throttle body cleaner. While i had it all apart i finally changed my spark plugs got rid of the junk bosch plugs and put some NGK's in, slapped it all back together and took it for a drive and wow what a difference. No more bogging, i can actually feel some power under the wheels again.
Also wondering about my first gear, i dont really like it. Is there ways to change the gear ratio for first maybe? Is there a way to find out what my gear ratio is for my first gear?

Modified by canadianGTI98 at 9:29 PM 8-17-2009

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Re: (canadianGTI98)

What don't you like about the 1st gear, is it too short? Yes you can find out your ratio easy, but have you ever thought about putting in a 16v trans? My brother has a 4y tranny in his mk2 GLI and that thing pulls so hard, although its a 16v so it does have more power then the 8v but I know a few guys that have done it and love it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess you could say its not enough pull...like its alright but i would like more pull. Would a lightened flywheel make a difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts