VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: quick! can i substitute brake fluid for power steering fluid? (HK1980)

Quote, originally posted by HK1980 »
i am going to let you think about that for a minute.
think real hard.

haha... okay. got it.

and here begins the descent to page 2, hopefully.

· Banned
22,906 Posts
Re: quick! can i substitute brake fluid for power steering fluid? (SkaJaCore)

im just going to say,if you poured brake fluid down your power steering resivour,your power steering assembly/pump will not be doing so good in the near future lol

· Registered
4,284 Posts
Re: quick! can i substitute brake fluid for power steering fluid? (vwspeed711)

hahaha awesome question....i bet u did it and now ur like o crap, wrong freakin hole......the other way u MIGHT be fine.....but this way, DEF not.....brake fluid absorbs water like mad.....and is the farthest from a lubricant as u can get.....bye bye ps pump

· Banned
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: quick! can i substitute brake fluid for power steering fluid? (clarksongli)

Quote, originally posted by clarksongli »
hahaha awesome question....i bet u did it and now ur like o crap, wrong freakin hole......the other way u MIGHT be fine.....but this way, DEF not.....brake fluid absorbs water like mad.....and is the farthest from a lubricant as u can get.....bye bye ps pump

hahaha nah i didn't i was just in a jam, i didn't have a ride to the store and i couldn't move my steering wheel. all i had was brake fluid and i heard you could use tranny fluid so i was just curious.
all is good now. fixed my coolant leak and bought some steering fluid http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif.

· Registered
3,854 Posts
Re: quick! can i substitute brake fluid for power steering fluid? (SkaJaCore)

Quote, originally posted by SkaJaCore »

hahaha nah i didn't i was just in a jam, i didn't have a ride to the store and i couldn't move my steering wheel. all i had was brake fluid and i heard you could use tranny fluid so i was just curious.
all is good now. fixed my coolant leak and bought some steering fluid http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif.

Psssh... newbie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.