VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,904 Posts
Re: quick Honda/Acura question... (bluespace01)

quote:[HR][/HR]is there a difference between a '95 Prelude Vtec and a '97 Integra GS-R Vtec?
What's the engine numbers between these two?
Thanks in advance.
[HR][/HR]​
GSR: B18C1
Lude: H22A

· Registered
5,904 Posts
Re: quick Honda/Acura question... (bluespace01)

quote:[HR][/HR]which is better? in your opionions...
[HR][/HR]​

Prelude. I like the prelude better because it isnt as common as the integras and the H22A has just as much aftermaket support. The GSR is a fine car, no doubt, but I am partial to the lude.

EDIT: The H22A is available in 93+ Preludes.

[Modified by Y2KRICEBOY, 5:57 AM 4-5-2002]

· Registered
7,267 Posts
the only problem with the h22 block is that it was always put in the heavy ass prelude. even though it's a lot more torquey than the b-series motors, it needs all of it to get that body rolling. an h22 could be quite an interesting swap into a civic or integra, although it could make it too front-heavy.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Re: quick Honda/Acura question... (Y2KRICEBOY)

quote:[HR][/HR]Prelude. I like the prelude better because it isnt as common as the integras and the H22A has just as much aftermaket support. The GSR is a fine car, no doubt, but I am partial to the lude.
[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
5,904 Posts
Re: quick Honda/Acura question... (2lowA4)

quote:[HR][/HR]Blespace, you plan on driving the car in stock form or using these engines for a swap into something? [HR][/HR]​
Most likely in stock form. H22A swaps inside Civics/Integras are well wicked at the drag strip, but with all that weight up front, going in a straight line and understeering are the only the hybrid is good at.

· Registered
21,827 Posts
Re: quick Honda/Acura question... (Y2KRICEBOY)

Awe, man! If I only had the money AND wife support to swap that H22A into my '91 Si.
I'd be... I'd be dead in at least a weeks time.
2100lbs, 190hp/158twisties... hmmmmm goodt!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.