VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to NTB to get new tires put on my less than 7 month old OZ superleggeras and when I brought the car in I specifically mentioned to the guy that I wanted him to inform the wheel tech to take special precaustion to avoid scratching up the wheels when torquing the lugs with an impact gun.
I asked him to have them put the weights for balancing on the inside of the rim and to remove the double sided tape from the old ones they removed.
They worked on my car for an hour and a half and finally gave me the keys and upon inspection of the vehicle I noticed that every single lug hole was severely scared up in every single wheel. That is 20 separate mistakes......
the manager offered to "knock a couple bucks off the tire sale." I told him that the tires cost less than $500 and the wheels cost $250 a piece. I told him I wanted to get them refinished to original condition or I wanted new wheels. He gave me his card on which he admitted guilt and signed it.
WHAT DO I DO?
I am trying to get a hold of OZ America to see what they recommend and if the wheels can be refinished or if they need to be replaced. Hopefully they will stand up to their 100% satisfaction guarantee. I refuse to accept some pathetic "appearance adjustment" of a couple hundred dollars. First off they look like crap and are embarrassing. And second I will never be able to resell them now. I have taken the wheels off my car 4 times and never scratched the wheels because I was CAREFULL.
Again what do you think? I am so freaking upset right now! I hate getting screwed.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Re: Quick -> NEED HELP!! NTB ruined my 4 OZ Superleggeras (QuickStick)

Ouch! The place should buy you new wheels (or at least reimburse you) IMO. I just mounted wheels and tires today at Discount Tire and I told them to be extra careful.. The manager there told me if they scuffed them, they would buy new ones for me as it's "100% satisfaction guaranteed".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.