VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ever since I go the car 2 airbag lights have been on, I understand that when they are on the airbag system is disabled. Today I noticed that only one light is on (the one on the left), what exactly does that mean... my dad just recently hooked up a switch so my window wash would work, could that of caused the change? I just want to make sure its safe to drive. BTW its a 1990. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Quick question About Airbag Light (briano1234)

I plan on getting it checked out or just completely removed, I was just wondering why only one light is on now and if its still disabled.BTW what would cause a gas gauge to work sometimes but not always.Thanks

· Registered
22,448 Posts
Re: Quick question About Airbag Light (chasnip)

Intermittant grounds to your instrument cluster, and or tank sending unit.
For sake of info...in the future disconnect your battery for 20 minutes prior to doing anything to the dash, that allows the airbag unit to bleed off, and not discharge...

· Registered
3,605 Posts
Re: Quick question About Airbag Light (briano1234)

my two airbag lights have been on for the last 13k on the car... they went off at 126k and well, im too cheap to have to reset at the dealership. im sorta used to the lights, bright red and orange. anyways, i figure... no need. i want to replace the steering wheel anyways.
anyone have the dealer do this? how much did you pay?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.