VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving down the road yesterday, and going through a intersection, get through it i'm in 3rd gear, 20mph, and my car starts to misfire, so i am like crap coil pack, i changed them all with new plugs maybe 1000 miles ago. Well I slow down so i can turn around and head back to my place slowly a mile away. and it never happens again. Now the car had just had the complete exhaust replaced last week, and literally only 9 miles put on the car before this happened. I drove 35 miles to work today, and roughly 50 miles last night after this and it has not happened anymore. Anyone else ever have this happened, am i doomed for coil pack failure again?

· Registered
2,411 Posts
....car AIDS?
I really don't know mate. :-/
Did you hit a pothole or something just before the misfire? Maybe is briefly knocked something lose?

· Registered
10,538 Posts
Re: Quick question (R32-Tech)

odd man...
on my way to get re-flashed this weekend, i was in 6th on the highway just cruisin and all of a sudden my EPC and CEL flash at the same time, lose power for a split second, and then all went back to normal..
when i got there, they scanned my entire car and no codes

let it happen again b4 you worry too much and start replacing stuff. as long as theres no lights or oddities.

· Registered
5,782 Posts
Re: Quick question (AaronD)

Quote, originally posted by AaronD »

on my way to get re-flashed this weekend, i was in 6th on the highway just cruisin and all of a sudden my EPC and CEL flash at the same time, lose power for a split second, and then all went back to normal..
when i got there, they scanned my entire car and no codes

this exact thing happened to my car in a rainstorm a few weeks back, 6th gear on the highway... scared the hell out of me. No codes after.

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah CEL flashed a few seconds and then nothing. I was wondering if gas could possibly do something like that, or if starting off in 3rd gear from a stop light, eh i don't know. I just don't wanna get caught in the middle of no where and crap happens. which is the norm of course

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.