VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad was down visiting us in NoVA and decided to drive his 2000 Corvette, and had the idea to visit family in Chapel Hill, NC, then hit the Tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway. Really cool trip, and enjoyed driving the C5.

North Carolina trip by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Met up w/ family for lunch, checked out his 911

Damn good BLT at Merritt's!
Tail of the Dragon by Geoff Potter, on FlickrTail of the Dragon by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
Tail of the Dragon by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
Tail of the Dragon by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
Blue Ridge Parkway by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

·
Registered
29,869 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Cool trip! Wow, your dad probably put more miles on his 'vette in this one trip than most people do all year. Good for him. We have a trip scheduled in the fall from B-more up to the Finger Lakes and my wife is cool with taking the 'vette. I wasn't sure, but this is inspiring me to do it.

·
Premium Member
7,292 Posts
Blue ridge pkwy is beautiful. Need to make a run up that way sometime soon. Was not expecting the C5 to be green, love it.

That BLT...that's the kind of amount of mayo that gets people shot :p.

(ICYMI: someone shot and killed a subway employee the other day over too much mayo on a sandwich)

Reactions: geoffp and 87vr6

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've never seen a C5 in that color. Looks amazing!

Reactions: geoffp

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,806 Posts
That looks like a great time, thanks for posting up your experience. After putting the car through its paces on nice roads like that, are you keeping it (what looks to be) stock or modifying anything?

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
2,953 Posts
Looks like a dope trip. Love me some Sierra Nevada pints. Likin the Vette too, cool pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
36,096 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Nice, we were just out there a few weeks ago. The east side of the park was much cooler (temp-wise) and had an order of magnitude fewer people.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
looks like an awesome drive! Being in the NoVA area myself Ive always wanted to do this, but 8 hours driving one way makes me want to make it into a bigger trip.
From ~Annapolis, my parents, wife, and I took our two Miatas down the Blue Ridge Parkway, over to Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, then to Tail of the Dragon, then to The Back of the Dragon for a long-weekend Miata get together. Besides the rain on our BRP day, it was a great trip. We stayed overnight at the "bottom" of the BRP, then again in Pigeon Forge, then in Whitesville(?), VA during the Miata event. Then we booked it back home on the highway.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That looks like a great time, thanks for posting up your experience. After putting the car through its paces on nice roads like that, are you keeping it (what looks to be) stock or modifying anything?
It's my Dad's and it's 100% stock. He doesn't have any plans to modify it, just drive it as much as he can!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts