VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious who it might be...
billy with the mk2?
rumor has it that billy's 12.010 may have been out jousted by a gt28rs powered mk4.
horses mouth said 12.007
i guess we will see when the "video" is posted if it really happend.
so if it did happen im sure we all know who did it... so congrats to that person! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (1.8T3t04e)

yeah right...I can't see a spud powered MK4 doing almost 12 flat even with a 75 shot of juice but I could be wrong. I also thought I would never see a MK4 golf with 1200 HP either but check out the june edition of Eurotuner.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (VDUBNDizzy)

It happened... and tommorow night it will go even quicker.... Pat's still getting used to launching with the slicks...
60ft - 1.898 (tons of room for improvement)
330ft - 5.140
1/8th - 7.787
mph - 93.84
1000ft - 10.015
1/4 - 12.009
mph - 115.98
Car weighed 2810lbs w/Pat
We are heading to E-Town tommorow to finally run the number... 1.7 60ft and an 11.8 will happen tommorow
Oh yea, video and slip i will scan in bout an hour or 2...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (NICKDAQUICK)

Quote, originally posted by NICKDAQUICK »
yeah right...I can't see a spud powered MK4 doing almost 12 flat even with a 75 shot of juice but I could be wrong. I also thought I would never see a MK4 golf with 1200 HP either but check out the june edition of Eurotuner.

Um. there is no VW that is making 1200hp...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (JettaDude101)

Quote, originally posted by JettaDude101 »
ur gonna have to hook us up with the secrets

Just keep going to the track.. practice, practice, practice

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

now that i know its no longer a rumor, i see that "not even with a 75 shot" quote and have to laugh...
def no nitrous involved....
115mph traps.

·
Registered
10,102 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (1.8T3t04e)

I got a call last night informing me of the numbers... AWSOME job Pat.

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (Jedi801)

Quote, originally posted by Jedi801 »
The Mk4 is a lot lighter, so with a good launch it is definately possible.

Just for the record a MK4 is not all that much ligher then a Audi A4 150lbs more then a jetta at most from what I remember.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? (spoolin turbo s)

Hell yeah.
I knew the spud and a good driver could do it. Gongrats Pat. Can't wait till my kit get here and I have some comparable power. Now go get that 11.xx. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Well you were kinda right. Dahlback's car is hardly a VW anymore. Actually I'm pretty sure that the only thing left on the car that is actually from the original golf is the back window.

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: quickest 1.8t state side??? ([email protected])

wow... so the dahlback golf is in the new issue of ET?
im going to have to go pick that thing up (out of town for work, subscriber but dont have access to my mail
)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

but there is a video and a timeslip flaoting around the tex of a spud powered MK4 going 12 flat with no nos

1 - 20 of 28 Posts