VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Quoted 6 hours for a total of $460 to put in a clutch and flywheel....

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Digitalcandy 
#1 ·
Is that a good estimate?
I can start to feel my clutch slipping due to my various mods. I am going to get the Autotech package and have a local shop do the install.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Re: Quoted 6 hours for a total of $460 to put in a clutch and flywheel.... (Jay24)

Last time I asked a person working at Autotech, he said they don't install the clutch/flywheel combo.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Re: Quoted 6 hours for a total of $460 to put in a clutch and flywheel.... (Ralph @ Autotech)

Thanks Ralph.
The new clutch is needed due to Dana's chip tuning and your Exhaust. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Re: Quoted 6 hours for a total of $460 to put in a clutch and flywheel.... (JettaManDan)

Yeah, the price is for labor only. I don't have experience working with mechanics so I don't know what a good labor rate is. The shop is in Irvine on the border of Newport beach. So $50K - $100K cars are not uncommon in this shop. I suppose the demographics support $75 / hour.

What is a good labor rate per hour?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.