VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first started racing my 04 R32 when it was new. Back then r-comps were aloud in DS. I was out of the game for a couple years and when I came back I found they put r-comps into a different class; DS and now DSR. I've since changed a few things on my car and planned to race it DSP this year. I just downloaded the SCCA rule book and it seems to say that r-comps are no longer aloud in DSP, true?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I first started racing my 04 R32 when it was new. Back then r-comps were aloud in DS. I was out of the game for a couple years and when I came back I found they put r-comps into a different class; DS and now DSR. I've since changed a few things on my car and planned to race it DSP this year. I just downloaded the SCCA rule book and it seems to say that r-comps are no longer aloud in DSP, true?

Thanks!
DSP allows r-comps

·
Registered
105 Posts
*whew* Thanks! I can't imagine going back to racing on hockey pucks.
All the SP classes allow R-comps. But now they also have separate SP classes that only allow 200 tw tires. Before, everyone was grouped together. Essentially, they made two classes out of one.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
All the SP classes allow R-comps. But now they also have separate SP classes that only allow 200 tw tires. Before, everyone was grouped together. Essentially, they made two classes out of one.
Well I think that is regional thing. One of the local group that uses the SCCA rules allows a street tire modifier attached to the PAX of any xSP classes. So you can have TxSP .

Nationally they don't exist...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts