VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 579 Posts

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i just got done parting my drivetrain ,the formal vr6 turbo syncro.
The plan includes
-R32 engine fully built w/autronic engien management
-R32 4motion w/stand alone
-GT40R
-Cast manifold

GOAL IS 600_+ ALL WHEEL DRIVE HP
Here is the step by step how and what i am going to be doing
I will update the thread as soon as i have something new to share
here the car

Modified by 94volkswagen at 9:02 AM 3-12-2006

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (nidnabd)

HI
thanks i will make the whole engine bay look nice and it will be painted DBP just like a R32
and then the whole car is gonna get resprayed as well.
Where did u see a corrado r32 turbo adn 4 motion ,who has doen one ?

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (dmband0041)

hi
ok i seen the one corrado with the r32 motor out of states but noone has built a corrado r32 motor with 4 motion and a it being turbocharged,and as far as the wing i have not decided ,in person it looks bad a$$.but i get a lot of q's from vortexers if i will leave it or take it off i will see ,thats the least of my worries now if youknow what i mean

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: (leebro61)

thanks for the coments ,i think it doable with a fully built motor and as far as the gt35/40 i picked that one casue this is going to be my daily driver so i want good spool up and power all the time which the 35/40 will do ,i am not sure ifthe 40r can do that if it can i will do it (pelase talk me into it ahahah)
I am wondering about eip r32 ,they got 650 at tyhe front wheels and i wonder at what boost, my motor is goign to be ready for a lot of boost and i do mean a lot like 30ish ,it might sound unrealistic but i will do it
please post any comment and thought that you might have
thanks

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Re: (94volkswagen)

as far as price its goign to be a small fortune but you have to remmeber i had a nice setup before and got most of my money back from the investment when i sold the drivetrain and then i put some money on top and i will make this happen,and its going to cost less than anyone would expect

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: (phatvr6)

ah cool appreaciate it i have everythign figured out except the trans side mount and front axles ,if i can find a way not to have to fabricate some crazy axles that would eb cool
if youhaev any ideas let me know
thanks

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

I have started getting parts and making this happen and as far as the quote from the guy a couple of post above this ,i will build the motor and i dont plan on just slaping this togehter and then having a lot of problems after i will do this the right way even if it takes me half a year
so definetly it will have at least 600 whp andpeople need to do a littlecalculating and thinking abnd they willfigure this is possible as well
thanks for the comments and keep them comming

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Re: (Not4show)

thanks josh i appreciate youstandign beside me on this subject,and i wanted to tell you that cory stoped by today onhis trip back from NY and we closed out deal so he was tired but very happy

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Re: (yellowslc)

thanks for the coments.i will be posting the conversion of the syncro rear beam to hold the haldex next week hopefully and i will do a write up. I will do everything to the drivetrain that is possible to make it as strong as possible is till ened to figure out if i should go with a GT35/40R W/.82 OR GT40R please help em out i stillw ant my car to be able to spool up in a acceptable amount or rpm ,if someone now what rpms i can expect spool up or full boost with either of the turbos please share it with me
thanks again

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

hi
ok yes i see what yoru saying i think i still might go with the 35/40 and then upgade later cause i still want this thing to be drivabel onthe street somewhat normal,i plan on runign 30+ psi throught this motor i allready made a deal with eip and i will be getting all of the internals such as rods,pistons adn all arp hardware andi am prolly gonna do work to the crank as well

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Re: (94volkswagen)

LOOK WHAT I FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY(VR6 TURBO POWER)

TOOK FRONT END OFF TODAY

FRONT END OFF THE CAR

A SPARE 24V MOTOR THAT I WILL USE TO FAB UP MY MOTOR AND TRANS MOUNT BY USING A 6 SPEED TRASN FROM A FRIEND OF MINE,more pics tommorow on how to do it

TOP 24V VR6 BLOCK BOTTOM 12v VR6 BLOCK< TO COMPARE THE FRONT MOTOR MOUNT HOLES IN THE BLOCK AND FAB UP THE FRONT MOUNT

I also cleaned out the rear syncro beam and control arms and got it ready for sand blastignand powdercoatingm,sorry no pics.
I will drop the motor in tommorow and make the mounts,i will take detailed pics of the fab work
STAY TUNED

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Re: (brilliantyellowg60)

Begining to mock up a device to show me how to position the front motor mount braket

The front braket starting to get modified to fit the o2m 6 speed trans

A better view of the busted rear motor cup

Rewelded from the inside for more strength

MOTOR IS IN
TEST FITTING FOR THE R32 MOTOR

NEXT CHALLENGE,HOW TO MAKE THE REAR MOUNT ON WEDNESDAY

Modified by 94volkswagen at 11:09 PM 9-5-2005

1 - 20 of 579 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.