VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 3219 Posts

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: (phatvr6)

ah cool appreaciate it i have everythign figured out except the trans side mount and front axles ,if i can find a way not to have to fabricate some crazy axles that would eb cool
if youhaev any ideas let me know
thanks

· Registered
9,499 Posts
Re: (BadasslilGTI)

Quote, originally posted by BadasslilGTI »
good luck man, quite a project ahead of you....600Awhp is a bit unrealistic, no one, not even the biggest tuners have gotten over 500, but 600fwhp can be done

Dont see why not , if he can make 800 crank maybe less but he's gonna need a GT42R , hell if 12vs are making more than 800crank i dont see why not

· Registered
7,551 Posts
Re: (leebro61)

Quote, originally posted by leebro61 »
I disagree. I have been told that there are STI's with stock motors making mid 500awhp. I don't see why a fully built r32 drivetrain couldn't do the same.
What part of the setup (engine or haldex) couldn't produce 600+ 'wheel'?
[btw what's going on buddy, long time no talk
]

STi's are turbo motors, they come with stronger internals from the factory to handle the boooooooost. The 3.2 is a naturally aspirated motor that doesn't exactly run high compression, he can't just slap a monster turbo on it and expect it to be done because thats not how the engine was built.
And yeah I know STi's and Evos do it all the time, theres some guy on EvoM pushing close to 700 hp on stock internals.

· Registered
10,069 Posts
Re: (Goldice)

Quote, originally posted by Goldice »
STi's are turbo motors, they come with stronger internals from the factory to handle the boooooooost. The 3.2 is a naturally aspirated motor that doesn't exactly run high compression, he can't just slap a monster turbo on it and expect it to be done because thats not how the engine was built.
And yeah I know STi's and Evos do it all the time, theres some guy on EvoM pushing close to 700 hp on stock internals.

Wow, I didn't know ANY of that

He said he planned on a fully built motor. Hell, I think he could get near 600 on a spacer if he really wanted to, not that I would recommend it.

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Re: (leebro61)

I have started getting parts and making this happen and as far as the quote from the guy a couple of post above this ,i will build the motor and i dont plan on just slaping this togehter and then having a lot of problems after i will do this the right way even if it takes me half a year
so definetly it will have at least 600 whp andpeople need to do a littlecalculating and thinking abnd they willfigure this is possible as well
thanks for the comments and keep them comming

· Registered
128 Posts
sorry i can`t see how that can be true,unless its being rebuilt every run out, the main shaft that runs into the diff which is about an inch thick of solid metal snapped clean in half and i only had 350ftlb of torque, dubsport`s syncro in th uk running well over 400bhp has had 9 syncro diffs, this is y i went straight to haldex, never had any troubles since

Modified by nuts4x4 at 9:57 PM 8-30-2005

· Registered
679 Posts
Re: (Goldice)

Quote, originally posted by Goldice »

alright budyy, just to let you in on the compression of an R32 motor, it is 11.3:1 how do I know you ask, cause I own one. Also he posted fully built motor. Alright something else to know about VW. They have built diesel motors for years what that means is all that technology rolls in to gasoline engines. Plus after being in 94volkswagens garage and seeing what is in his drive way. I'm sure He will get to his goal. Besides VR motors love forced induction. Whether with a Turbo or S/C it makes them come to life. 600 wheel is very possible with the plans that he has

· Registered
679 Posts
Re: (94volkswagen)

No sweat man, I'm sure I'll be picking up the parts when you get them in,
And for those who might be skeptical of a VR6 making 600AWHP, you better watch out for a 4 banger making 500AWHP, cause its on its way and its gonna break some hearts(not my project I"m only shooting for 400 with my little ole 4 cylinder).

· Registered
833 Posts
Re: (Not4show)

Im just going to sit here....quietly...and listen to all the fools who say it cant be done...then when he come out with it and proves everyone wrong...IM GOING TO BE POINT AT THE SAME PEOPLE LAUGHING MY A S S OFF....heres a motivation bump man, glad to see your going about things the way you are

41 - 60 of 3219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.