VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!
Had a change to build 3.2 engine with higher CR JE pistons and milltek exhaust. Next week we hope to go to dyno and remap ecu and then we see how much power engine makes now. Cylinders was really worn so pistons was must have and then decided why not to change exhaust manifold too. We all know, that stock manifolds flows quite bad so Im expecting quite nice gain from milltek system

Toy Gas Machine Auto part Engineering
Audio equipment Wood Art Machine Glass
Black Kitchen stove Kitchen appliance Interior design Cabinetry
Food Foil Tableware Aluminium foil Ingredient
Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Glove Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Black Tread Tire Rectangle
Wood Automotive design Eyewear Font Gas
Wood Rectangle Font Gas Beige
Wood Rolling Metal Flooring Railway
Table Wood Rectangle Gas Flooring

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks amazing! How long did it take you to do the engine tear down and rebuild?

I did a very similar build with the higher CR JE pistons and a .5mm overbore, balanced the crank and IE tuscan rods too. - all overkill but fun to have/learn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks amazing! How long did it take you to do the engine tear down and rebuild?

I did a very similar build with the higher CR JE pistons and a .5mm overbore, balanced the crank and IE tuscan rods too. - all overkill but fun to have/learn.
Thanks Guys!
All engine work took something like 40-50hours. Cylinder head machining, engine block work and etc etc. I was suprised how fast it revs, cant wait to see how much power it will make :cool:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
did you change valves/springs? One of the reasons I wanted lightweight internals was from my experience driving Boss 302 Mustangs that have lightweight internals and also hollow valve stems (and sodium filled exhaust valve stems). I fell in love with how fast the motor revved up and down, it reminded me of a motorcycle motor spinning with low mass.

We should exchange contact info to bounce questions/experience off each other!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts