VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local dealer for new wipers. Before I got out I had a salesman standing outside the car. When I got out he asked if I was trading it in...HA HA. Within 30 seconds, two other guys were looking at it. When I told him about it, and the mileage, he asked why I was driving it. Duh, it's a car...it's for driving!!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Get in the Zone.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
haha nice!! last time I took my R to the dealership it was to get the coilpack recall years ago .... thats when it was in its prime aesthetically.... and all the techs stopped working and all the service people was all over the car. I was worried that with the turbo kit and all the rest of the stuff they'll come up with excuses not to do the recall but they were really cool about it and did it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Reminds me somewhat of a time i was driving through town and in my rear view was a kid in a beat to hell black mark4 jetta, and he had the one had up on the wheel, and we came to a light and he pulled up next to me and was like hey man awesome car, got anything done to it? and i just threw a few things at him.. hes like aw nice yea, i used to have one but i totalled it.. sucks.. had to of been 16, prolly never even sat in an R before.. but hey, i like the admirers haha

·
Registered
17,466 Posts
a year or two ago I had a salesman call me and ask me if I was interested in selling my car back to them. I told them they couldn't afford it and he asked for a number anyway. When I told him, he said, yes that is more than we would pay. This same dealer was selling a used R32 for 32k in 2006.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Just got both left and right from the "stealership" they actually with tax $41 out the door. I will say OEM slid right on with no effort at all compaired to Jerry rigging a set to fit. Way I look at it is it's an .:R32 I'm going to spend money on it. If I wanted a cheep car i'd get a Yugo!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.