VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
7,580 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (VeeDubbinJetta91)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 »

everyone gets the nice seats but us...always getting screwed

Not getting the R32 at all would be getting screwed, and I'm also quite happy having side bolster airbags.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (justinperkins)

Quote, originally posted by justinperkins »
Not getting the R32 at all would be getting screwed, and I'm also quite happy having side bolster airbags.

Same. I'd take the integrated airbags over race seats for a daily driver any day.

· Banned
5,456 Posts
If given the choice, even if I was given the option of either seat type for the same price, I'd choose the current American style. If I wanted the speed racer look, I'd of got a honda.
If this were a track car, that would be a new topic for discussion!

· Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (isdereks)

I think paying US$89,000 for an R32 is really getting royally screwed, even with the seats included.

The GTi over there is a third less...only about US$60,000

To be fair, I believe the import duties over there are horrendous.

· Registered
339 Posts

I saw the EXACT same seats as the Euro R Recaros with side airbags in another car (Opel I believe but I have to find it) so the US just didn't want to offer them. there is no other excuse IMO.
-Mike.

· Registered
2,149 Posts

But I'll give up the seats if I could have 4 doors

· Registered
768 Posts

Uh, yeah. Sometimes the Vortex is a very disappointing place--the OP posts about a market where an R32 costs nearly three times (!!!!) as much as in the U.S. and that prompts a complaint about the fact that they have nicer seats?????

· Registered
7,580 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (mpaone)

Quote, originally posted by mpaone »

I saw the EXACT same seats as the Euro R Recaros with side airbags in another car (Opel I believe but I have to find it) so the US just didn't want to offer them. there is no other excuse IMO.
-Mike.

If they were the exact same seats then why are the euro-spec MkV R32s that were optioned with the Recaros lacking side bolster airbags?

· Registered
684 Posts

If they were the exact same seats then why are the euro-spec MkV R32s that were optioned with the Recaros lacking side bolster airbags?

Have you LOOOKED at those seats?!? they are totally worth $56,199.60! Thats only $28,099.80 per seat its a steal

· Registered
10,352 Posts

I wouldn't say getting screwed is the word, more like getting pork'd without a kiss is more like it.

· Registered
768 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (vr6fanatic)

Recaros are generally pretty nice seats, but the products from these "premium" seatmakers aren't always all that they're made out to be. I found the Koenig seats in my Mk IV R32 to be pure torture after much more than an hour or so of driving.
For those who are feeling the emotional pain of not having Recaros, fear not . . . there are a lot of places to buy them, and many of their seats are not all that expensive.

· Registered
41,143 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (djdub)

i think its the photo

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (mpaone)

Quote, originally posted by mpaone »

-Mike.

Opel Astra
sport seats

· Registered
2,832 Posts
Re: R32 launched in malaysia - check the price! (graeme86)

Quote, originally posted by graeme86 »
I think paying US$89,000 for an R32 is really getting royally screwed, even with the seats included.

The GTi over there is a third less...only about US$60,000

To be fair, I believe the import duties over there are horrendous.

i agree haha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.