VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy Monster mats for the R line a set of 4? So far I only found 2 front ones from ECS and I wanted back ones too.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (ATM3222)

Quote, originally posted by ATM3222 »
I don't think that they made rear monster mats

They do...unfortunately a 4 piece R-line set was never made, just the fronts. If you can score a 4 piece set from a GTI or Golf you can use the rears in the back of the R.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (mangofreshh)

I got a set of 4 floor mats, carpeted just like the factory originals in the GTI in black from autoanything.com I love them to death and they are a lot easier on your shoes than the rubber ones. They also wick up moisture better in the winter.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (roadrunner469)

I have the rear monster mats cannot remember were I purchased them.
I took them out becuase they do not fit too well, I drive with the seat back as far as it goes, ended up putting orginal in back.
Plus I took out my back seats.

Modified by keithR32 at 4:35 PM 1-11-2008

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i bought the R front monsters, a full set of GTI monsters, then sold just the front GTI ones on ebay-- voila! whole set of monsters.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (keithR32)

Quote, originally posted by keithR32 »
I have the rear monster mats cannot remember were I purchased them.
I took them out becuase they do not fit too well, I drive with the seat back as far as it goes, ended up putting orginal in back.
Plus I took out my back seats.

Modified by keithR32 at 4:35 PM 1-11-2008

Maybe you bought some MkV Monster Mats, since we get all 4?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (justinperkins)

They do make the back ones for the MKIV but they suck. I had mine for about a week before i chucked the stock carpet ones in the back. They bunch up under the seat and are a giant pain in the ass. Love the front ones though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (justinperkins)

Nah... I have had them a while they were in my 01 GTI before I owned the R
I bought them in 04'
Like I said before they do not fit to well because I slide my seat all the way back.

Modified by keithR32 at 4:55 PM 1-11-2008

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (Harepower)

Quote, originally posted by THATGUYSPIKE »
They do make the back ones for the MKIV but they suck. I had mine for about a week before i chucked the stock carpet ones in the back. They bunch up under the seat and are a giant pain in the ass. Love the front ones though.

I had the dealer throw in the front R Monster mats for free and got them to pay for these from ECS http://www.ecstuning.com/stage....html. I actually like them better than the rear GTI/Jetta monster mats because they don't bunch up. Besides how many of us really have rear passengers all the time

Modified by JCWolf1.8T at 9:33 AM 1-12-2008

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (autoxmack)

Quote, originally posted by autoxmack »
Crap... I just ordered the monsters from http://www.1stvwparts.com/
So I'm only getting the front two?
That sucks...

If you are ordering the R32 OEM monster mats you are only getting the front ones

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Re: R32 monster mats (JCWolf1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by JCWolf1.8T »

If you are ordering the R32 OEM monster mats you are only getting the front ones

Looks like I'll be picking up a GTI set then. What's with the bunching up? Aren't there hooks in the rear like the front to keep them in position?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

I have the front Monster mats in mine and a set of the R-line carpet mats for the rear. I had the four-piece Monster set in my GTIs and the back ones were always bunched up and useless. The carpet ones aren't quite as bad, but they do bunch up, too. The way I look at it, I seldom have anyone in the rear seats, so there's no pressing need to have mats back there.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Quote, originally posted by autoxmack »

Looks like I'll be picking up a GTI set then. What's with the bunching up? Aren't there hooks in the rear like the front to keep them in position?

I believe the early MKIV GTIs had hooks, but they were deleted at some point. My '03 GTI had no rear hooks and neither does the R.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts