VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured most people have stopped checking in to the thread, but if you haven't read up on what the issue is, make sure to read all the facts HERE. I am asking that any of those who have a strong opinion in the matter to write a comment on their website.... I think if enough people chime in, we can actually get something going here... Let's all get Brad's (R32Kid's) back and show some support for a fellow Dubber.
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HURT HIS CAUSE. This is supposed to be a chance to voice our opinion in a mature manner. Writing an offensive or inflamitory comment will in no way help the situation and will only be doing harm for this effort.
Click here for Neftin VW feedback Page

Modified by SoCalDubber at 1:24 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (SoCalDubber)

sent! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Hopefully it works out for him.

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (GR32)

This is the auto reply I got from them!!

Neftin VW said:
Dear Gabriel,
Thanks for requesting information about the none none. My name is Bradley Silver and I'm in
the Fleet & Internet department at Neftin Westlake VW. We realize you have a choice in dealerships, and it's our goal to make your purchasing experience fun and hassle-free.
I reviewed your inquiry and the information sent to us was a little brief, so (of course) I have a few questions. Is there a specific color you'd like? Any specific packages, features, options or equipment? Also, what is your timline for getting into a new car--this week, this month, before the end of the year, etc.? And finally, are you looking to lease or purchase?
All of these things will affect the availability of the vehicle, and pricing of any quote I give you. So as soon as I hear back from you, I'll start to pull a more complete quote together. Please feel free to contact me by replying to this email, or calling the dealership at (805)497-9404.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Bradley Silver
Fleet/Internet Department
Neftin Westlake Car Company
3550 Auto Mall Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 497-9404
(818) 207-7668
[Neftin VW]
EDIT: can't get the stupid quote thingie to work!

· Registered
4,786 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (GR32)

LOL..hey Gabe, now you're going to have to do another feedback on how they suck at reading the feedback issues.

· Registered
17,614 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GR32 »
EDIT: can't get the stupid quote thingie to work!

[Neftin VW] should be [/quote]

· Registered
13,398 Posts
You're not off base... I really don't think that feedback from a bunch of non-customers is really going to change their position on the issue.
If the person having the problem wants a better resolution, he must speak with the service manager and VWoA. They just have to have a respectable, intelligent conversation. If they really consider the modification, then they should know that it won't affect the drivetrain and they should know exactly how the exhaust flap functions and why VW put it there.
Leaving feedback may cause them to take further action on this customer just out of spite when otherwise they may not have.

· Registered
635 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (abe1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by abe1.8t »
Maybe I am totally off base, but how can people, who have never dealt with this dealer, leave feedback?

Very simple. Feedback = the return of information about the result of a process or activity; an evaluative response.
Neftin invites this on their web site: "We'd love to hear from you. Feel free to schedule a test drive, pass on some kudos or give us a little constructive criticism. Your comments are welcome and are always kept confidential. "
In this case, the feedback isn't relative to business I personally have conducted with them but to the activity I have read where the cancellation of a fellow texers warranty for what is, in my opinion, an unjust reason.

· Registered
25,744 Posts
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »
You're not off base... I really don't think that feedback from a bunch of non-customers is really going to change their position on the issue.
If the person having the problem wants a better resolution, he must speak with the service manager and VWoA. They just have to have a respectable, intelligent conversation. If they really consider the modification, then they should know that it won't affect the drivetrain and they should know exactly how the exhaust flap functions and why VW put it there.
Leaving feedback may cause them to take further action on this customer just out of spite when otherwise they may not have.

Ditto

· Registered
139 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (SoCalDubber)

I didn't think a dealer could actually void a warranty but could refuse
service.
In any event, if said warranty has been voided - why? The technical reason
stated by the dealer is BS. The flapper is already on the car from the
factory, I mean really - exhaust gas velocity??? This is down right
comical. The faster the car goes the faster the exhaust gas goes - and
either way the flapper will be open.
If the warranty has been voided and will not be reinstated this individual is
owed a check from VW. A good chunk of the purchase price of a car is for
the warranty. Since the warranty has been rendered null and void VW owes
a refund on the the balance of the warranty fee that is part of the new car
price.

· Registered
7,713 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SoCalDubber »

PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HURT HIS CAUSE. This is supposed to be a chance to voice our opinion in a mature manner. Writing an offensive or inflamitory comment will in no way help the situation and will only be doing harm for this effort.
Click here for Neftin VW feedback Page

Modified by SoCalDubber at 1:24 PM 9-13-2005

He admitted he was less than truthful with the dealership about the mod. He never posted his codes so we dont even know what they are....
So he lied to the dealer and the dealer bit back, his fault.

· Registered
635 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (SuckerPunch)

Quote, originally posted by SuckerPunch »

He admitted he was less than truthful with the dealership about the mod. He never posted his codes so we dont even know what they are....

That's ridiculous. Since when is the warranty based on "truthfulness"?
I have read the Warranty several times and don't have any recollection of it mentioning lack of buyer "truthfullness" as a condition which could incite a dealer to revoke the warranty because the purchaser lies about mods. The warranty does indicate modifications that compromise the vehicle as a basis but it's patently clear that the flapper could in no way do so. In this case, the gravity of "lie" on the part of the owner seems to be miniscule whereas the immaturity of the dealer in response has significant consequence. You seem to weigh their action as being equivalent, they certainly are not.

Modified by arizman2 at 3:20 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
661 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (SuckerPunch)

The next time you tell a lie I'm going to void your powertrain warranty! Do it again and I'll revoke your R32...once more and I'm kicking you in the nuts!

p.s. sent comment...best of luck and hope for the best! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Cmefly! at 5:24 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
13,398 Posts
True, they overreacted by telling him the warranty was void, but it's up to the customer to try to rectify the situation.
Do we know if the dealer voided the warranty? If that's the case, then it's a farce. Only VWoA can do that. I don't believe we have those details.

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (Cmefly!)

Quote, originally posted by Cmefly! »
The next time you tell a lie I'm going to void your powertrain warranty! Do it again and I'll revoke your R32...once more and I'm kicking you in the nuts!

Let's roshambo for the warranty!!!

· Registered
7,713 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (Cmefly!)

Quote, originally posted by Cmefly! »

Im really sure this is the mature response brandon was talking about.
He obviously didn't tell the dealer he had it on there for a reason, duh...freaking jerrys kids, unbelievable
We all know they cant void his entire powertrain warranty over it. I hope the owner of an r32 is man enuf to handle this on his own with out the help of the vwvortex peanut gallery. The dealer already has a bad rep, im sure they dont care what we think of them.

· Registered
7,713 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (arizman2)

Quote, originally posted by arizman2 »

That's ridiculous. Since when is the warranty based on "truthfulness"?
I have read the Warranty several times and don't have any recollection of it mentioning lack of buyer "truthfullness".....
Modified by arizman2 at 3:20 PM 9-13-2005

possibly, but im sure the dealer would not have done the scan for free/under warrenty if they knew he had an exhaust/electrical mod done to the car....not good or bad, just the way they do business
My main comment was to brandon for asking us not to say anything to "hurt his cause", he LIED as in liar "Q: do you have any other mods? A: I have clear corners"
Does the dealer suck, i guess, but they are not the only ones at fault.

· Registered
1,538 Posts

The dealer already has a bad rep, im sure they dont care what we think of them.

You're probably right, there. What I want to know is where is the kid who started all this? I haven't seen a single post from him since the beginning?

· Registered
925 Posts
Re: R32 Owners, Please leave your feedback on R32Kid's Warranty Void at Neftin VW (IT_PRO)

Do me a favor. If I ever complain about service at a dealership on this board, let me handle it on my own.
The notion of a bunch of people completely disconnected from the situation leaving "feedback" is just plain silly and is bound to do more damage than good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.