VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.:R32 refresh Reflex Silver

Long time follower but this will be the first thread that I've started on this forum. Great wealth of knowledge on here and is a constant go to for DIY's for me.

Picked up a bucket list car late last summer after selling my 2004.5 Platinum Grey GLI to try something new. The GLI had come to a point i was happy with and I didn't want to ruin it with modding just for the sake of doing so. I'm going to document my refresh process. The aim for this car is to bring it back and add subtle OEMplus additions along the way. I'm a long time VW and German car owner and love the process of making a car your own.

Its an unmolested Reflex Silver car originally from Texas that has been in Canada for a couple years now.

Came with a few notable mods:

• Front Neuspeed sway bar
  • Rear Neuspeed Sway bar
  • Blue Haldex controller
  • Flapper mod
  • .:R Monster mats
  • Go Mini License plate mount
  • LED interior and rear plate lights

Here she is the day i picked her up. Brought wifey on a little road trip which made it much easier.

My GLI for reference the day before i dropped her off to the new owner. July 2015

Getting her home for the first time felt amazing. I really think she belongs here :)

Added a few caps, porsche coolant and oil and a black euro washer cap.

Next a thorough cleaning was definitely in order.

Decided before cutting out the Dingleberry i would attempt painting it. Thus far i'm happy with the results.

This was another no brainer mod. I'm not sure why but this seems to work better on older cars then newer. Same thing with my GLI the results were mint, but with my 2014 TDI the results look like crap.

Sourced some G2 paint and refreshed the faded and nasty calipers. What a difference that made.

Before

After

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Car looks great, been following you on Instagram for a little while now, I love your garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I think the space is perfect for her.

BTW I've been reading through your thread on here with a ton of interest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In November before hibernation season i submitted a rust warranty claim with VW to get the tailgate fixed up as i had a crazy growth at the bottom of the hatch window.

Hallelujah the claim was approved! Brought her in for a new hatch and some fresh paint at the same time; one of those, while i'm in there situations for sure that we can all relate to.

Clean booty!

EDIT: Freakin Photobucket, lost this pic. Luckily i had it saved elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention the stumble the night before dropping it off at the dealership for the new parts and paint. Pulled the cover off after not touching it for over 4 months. Even with a battery tender the Battery was DEAD!

Well more fresh parts can't hurt.....silver lining.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Over the past weekend I tackled two little projects i had been planning for some time.

Swapped the caps to OEM .:R36 ones. Honestly this should have been the way the car came from factory as the .:R32 has no red accents associated to it.

Before

During

After

This mod was justified in my mind because cap three was broken anyway hahaha.

Next was removing the rear dust collector, aka wiper.... The side benefit is that it is a weight saving mod.

EDIT: Unfortunately lost a couple pics here with Photobucket but i still have these

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My Vx tuning 25th anniversary euro spec headlights arrived yesterday while i was at work. Attacked those as soon as i got home!

Also took the opportunity to put in my new OEM VW emblem and OEM R32 badge. Front end is looking very fresh right now, super happy. The lower bumper grilles were also sprayed black while at the body shop. Made a noticeable improvement.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
Congrats on the progress with the R, but I have to say most importantly your garage is soo sexy!! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recognize your garage from garage journal!

Nice R32! Welcome to the club!
Yes sir! And thanks, happy to finally be a member. :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the progress with the R, but I have to say most importantly your garage is soo sexy!! :thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks dude. I'm super happy with the garage, took me just over a year to get it the way i wanted. Functional, aesthetically pleasing and still able to park two cars.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Another night in the garage tinkering.

Installed this bad boy finally, been in the garage for near a month. Cupra R splitter. Thanks to Chillzombies for the install tips. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Beautiful day here this past Saturday so i used the excuse to go pick up some 25 mm spacers for the back. Love the fitment with aristos, perfect in my mind.

Snapped some pics on the way home.

But i'm more excited about the work going on today. Getting some mechanical items looked at and improved.

Teaser shot :)

1 - 20 of 191 Posts