VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does replacing the 20th shift lever with the r32 shift lever shorten the throws? Is it a direct fit? I was just wondering because it only a 40 dollar part.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (jazzyvdub2083)

Hold on... are you talking about the actual 'stick', for lack of a better word, below the shift knob, or the knob itself? If the knob is that cheap, tell me where!

·
Registered
741 Posts

How and where can you get one from? I would like to get the R32 one for a change. Please share...

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (ROWDYGTI333)

I recommend those of you who fancy the R32 shift knob to look into the Votex R-Line shift knob. It's the exact thing less the 4Motion badge.

·
Registered
914 Posts
yep i have that one ..the 6-speed R-line shift knob with grey stiching, it is great...i like it a lot better than the golf ball, doesnt feel as toyish now
edit: i bought mine at http://www.parts4vws.com

Modified by harv2892 at 6:18 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
157 Posts

Are you talking about the lever on the trans? if so i do believe it will fit on all the MKIV 6 speed trans. i put it on my 24v trans.

·
Registered
729 Posts

I just spoke to Meg from parts4vw.com , First off they are very nice over there. She told me that you can order a R32 Rod that they don't have on the Web direct replacement , should shorten the throw (after you have put in the Short Throw Kit).

Modified by Blueonyou at 2:48 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (Blueonyou)

Does anyone know if this is true?? I would like to keep the Golf Ball but shorten the stem.

·
Registered
745 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Blueonyou »
Does anyone know if this is true?? I would like to keep the Golf Ball but shorten the stem.

That is easy to do. Just take the ball off, cut the stem, and replace it. Many people have done that already.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (askthefool)

I gotta do that with mine... does the stock knob just pull/twist off??

·
Registered
7,873 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Blueonyou »
I just spoke to Meg from parts4vw.com , First off they are very nice over there. She told me that you can order a R32 Rod that they don't have on the Web direct replacement , should shorten the throw (after you have put in the Short Throw Kit).

Rod? Explain, plz?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (Zoku)

to get the knob off you have to pull the boot off at the base. when you pull the boot up you will see a pinched piece of metal around the base of the knob. take a small crewdriver and stretch the piece of metal till you can pull the boot off. when you are done you can use pliers to squeeze the clamp back together.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: r32 shift lever vs. 20th shift lever? (Imola Yellow GTi)

Quote, originally posted by Imola Yellow GTi »

Rod? Explain, plz?

Thats what she had called it, I figure it to be the stem.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts