VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on how the R32 is selling, how the supply looks for the rest of the year, and hence whether there might be some good deals on it later in '04? Thanks for any input. (I'm thinking of swapping the S4 for an R32.)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Re: R32 Supply/Pricing (RayK)

we still have 2 left here at my dealer, one red, one blue.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Ray,
The store where I bought mine tells me that they don't stay on
the lot for long.They have no reason to bs me now since I got
mine over 3 months ago.You will see alot of talk on vortex saying
that R32s will be available into 2005.I don't believe that will be
the case.I'd bet a months pay that over 2000 have already been delivered.Someone on votex posted the first two moths sales figures
awhile ago and it was oved 1600 units.Hope this helps.
Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts

Ray,
My local lot has 3, and they have all been there for a while. So i wouldnt' say they are moving fassst. My dealer gave me final price of $28,600 after th current VW rebate. I'm going to hang on a few more months and see if i can get closer to invoice....oh, and wait for my house re-fi to come through.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
engine101, I wish I had your patience. My local dealer got another car exactly like mine. It is sitting on the lot, and I predict it will be there a while. This same dealer was selling RS6s at invoice to get rid of them.
Oh, well, I have less money now, but I am really enjoying the car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Re: (abe1.8t)

I'm not the 'first guy on the block' type, I do a lot of research and move at my own pace. This process lead to my purchase of an R32 two months ago. While I could have waited, some of the factors I weighed were:
1. Local availability of the specific car I wanted - trucking a car cross country ain't cheap, and I didn't want someone driving it other than myself during the break-in period. Also, the longer they sit, the more 'undocumented' miles they seem to acquire.
2. Interest rates, which have been going up and will continue to do so. Therefore what you save on the sticker you may give back on the rate.
3. The satisfaction of driving the car and knowing it really isn't all about getting the best price. The upside to this is VW sees good sales #s and makes a descent profit, thus encouraging further development and sales of such cars in this country.
As a final side note, I've had the opportunity to participate in many limited sales on aftermarket parts that have come and gone.
I couldn’t be happier with my decision.

·
Registered
957 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RayK »
Anyone have any info on how the R32 is selling, how the supply looks for the rest of the year, and hence whether there might be some good deals on it later in '04? Thanks for any input. (I'm thinking of swapping the S4 for an R32.)

Another thing that is clear: there are regional differences in demand. I've watched three R's sit on the dealers lot for 2 months here in Houston (Clear Lake.) Only 1400 miles from Detroit!
But others have talked about inflated pricing (MSRP+) no negotiation and so forth. Market knowledge is your friend. My local dealer has red, blue and silver on the lot as we speak and they were receptive to an offer (for mine) of $800 over invoice. Others have done better.
Bottom line, car is fabulous to drive. At some point they might all be sold, but I suspect you could wait a bit ... but for what? Try http://www.mycar.com and get a bunch of dealers working against each other.
Good luck.
DC

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: (Chuck in MA)

I just picked up mine today. I decided not to wait after seeing the April VW sales number here http://www.vwvortex.com/artman...shtml
1,238 R32's sold in April, discounting what sold in the previous months in 04, that's one fourth of the total U.S. availability. I also had to have the Reflex Silver with leather. Keep in mind all of the major car mags are currently running stories on the R32, so awareness of this vehicle will only increase.
In my opinion, if you want this vehicle why risk getting shut out of one hell of an automotive performance bargain over a few bucks.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
Re: (ytwokr32)

Just to clarify, those numbers are R32s AND GTIs sold that month. Granted the majority of those are R32s, but not all 1200 were Rs.
But the first month out they sold about 600 and then around 1000 the second month. I imagine that they were probably 800-1000 last month and will only pick up with the current stunning tests the car is receiving.
Very soon I suspect the "sitting" cars will start to be transferred to those dealers and areas that are selling them as most all dealers have already reached their allotments.
It also depends on the dealership. I know that some of the dealers that are the better ones are selling their cars well, while the crappy dealers in the same area have cars sitting.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Re: (glxdriver)

i think they'll sit for a few more months and then move like hotcakes once VW launches that 2500 rebate program to the R32.
Finance through VCI and get your owner loyalty on top of that, and its a nice price to pay for that car.
not to mention, i just heard today that dealers are selling mitsu's (incl. evo) for dealer cost....
is time to move that product.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Re: (Justin Osman)

Quote, originally posted by Justin Osman »
i think they'll sit for a few more months and then move like hotcakes once VW launches that 2500 rebate program to the R32.
Finance through VCI and get your owner loyalty on top of that, and its a nice price to pay for that car.
not to mention, i just heard today that dealers are selling mitsu's (incl. evo) for dealer cost....
is time to move that product.

Tell me more about this $2500 rebate program and who is VCI? Also do you think that a dealer that sells Audis and VWs would give you owner loyalty for owning an Audi and switching to a VW?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RayK »

i already did the swap, 01 S4 avant had 85K on it!! repair bill wuz killin me!
and one of the local dealers in VA still has 6 or 7 of them on their lot!!!! most others have sold out!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Re: R32 Supply/Pricing (power_mind)

Quote, originally posted by power_mind »

and one of the local dealers in VA still has 6 or 7 of them on their lot!!!! most others have sold out!

Which one?

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
Re: R32 Supply/Pricing (WasteOfSpace)

Just got some April info. 598 Rs sold during April. Less than March, about the same as February.
It will be interesting to see how May pans out since this is the month the big mags finally did thier reviews.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts